reargtp.jpg

http://s1035.photobucket.com/albums/a438/monti83/?action=view&current=GTP.flv

a quick run starting at 55 without putting it to the floor

monti83

Feb 7, 2009
Galesburg IL
Real Name
Adam
i havnt ran her at the track yet so it is real hard to say...... when we tuned her the timing is set around stock so i can still use her as an everyday car which i am. with the 347whp i average 20mpg but on the interstate it ranges between 22-25. so turning her up wont be a problem you see im only at the begining of the potential of this motor.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
In before james,

If you tac is correct, and you are revving to 6300, you may have some other problems in store.... these motors are not made to rev, and you are moving those pistons at a much much higher rate as they have more distance to travel in the same amount of time....putting more stress on all the bottom end components and bearings than a standard motor does at that speed...

Does look like it moves out up top though.... good luck with it

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
In before james,

If you tac is correct, and you are revving to 6300, you may have some other problems in store.... these motors are not made to rev, and you are moving those pistons at a much much higher rate as they have more distance to travel in the same amount of time....putting more stress on all the bottom end components and bearings than a standard motor does at that speed...

Does look like it moves out up top though.... good luck with it

did you not hear what dennis revs his black car too? :noes:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
did you not hear what dennis revs his black car too? :noes:

With the higher stroke, the pistons are accelerating and decelerating at an much, much faster pace, him revving this motor past 6K isn't a valve float worry like on Denis's car, this is a abuse the fuck out of you pistons, rods, crank and bearings worry.... Don't forget that all that extra speed, and the more forceful direction changes are hammering the hell out of his bearings and the crank, if it is a re-worked one, this is something to worry about

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Shhhhhhh no more outa you.

So anything over 4.2L shouldn't go over 6300rpms? :picard:

no, a 3800 that has a weaker re-worked crank, and a longer stroke shouldn't go that speed....I could be wrong, but If it was me, and I had that much money in the build, I'd shift it around 5800 - 6000.... But whatever I'm not gonna argue with you till you get all that cum off your face

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
With the higher stroke, the pistons are accelerating and decelerating at an much, much faster pace, him revving this motor past 6K isn't a valve float worry like on Denis's car, this is a abuse the fuck out of you pistons, rods, crank and bearings worry.... Don't forget that all that extra speed, and the more forceful direction changes are hammering the hell out of his bearings and the crank, if it is a re-worked one, this is something to worry about

ah, jew got a very good point there

well he has a personal mechanic so hes :jg: and they probably already thought this all out :fy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info