253mph TransAm?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Can i have another please? Not sure if its ever been posted here but they just released a German documentry on it. Sadly I don't have German so I don't understand any of it.

Except for the numbers 407km/hr.

407 kilometers per hour = 254mph and he ran out of room, but could have kept going.

I wonder if he had been able to test on the same track as the Veyron if he could meet the new Super Sport Veyron's top speed? Someone should set up that challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBnSu0YKShY&feature=player_embedded

Ton more info on his website. http://pollymotorsport.no

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Gale Banks set a "production based car" record at Bonneville of 268+mph in a 3rd Gen Trans Am that still had factory buckets, power windows and a full stereo...and a twin-turboed big-block!

Oh yea, this was back in 1987!

That car is also a Bonnevile salt flats car. Lots more room to run and forget about turning. The first car to break 300mph with a production body was a 3rd gen TransAm too, not sure what holds the current record though.

While the polly motorsports car is definitely built for speed, it is also built for track use too. It gets road raced too, he enters in the silver state classic every year too. Tons more vids on the page.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Does it really matter where it's built? Is Norway some third-world country when it comes to engineers, mechanics and cars? Hell, the Corvette is built in Kentucky, that's amazing to me!

I will conceed that the Bank's car is built for straight line performance and wouldn't do too well on a twisty course. But still...270mph in a streetable car 23 years ago is still nice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info