24 hour restaurants in the Chicago area

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, as the title states, where are their good 24 hour restaurants in the Chicago area? Be it breakfast type places, pizza, general restaurant, etc... I looked at the Denny's and IHop here my me, but they close around midnight or thereabouts.

Reason I ask, is reading an article on Waffle House 24 hour restaurants down south and their "Waffle House Index" as a measure of danger in places like Louisiana with Ida.

So post up 24 hours places.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Huck Finn is pretty decent.

Hollywood Grill on North Ave and Ashland
White Palace on Roosevelt and Canal
Diner grill on Irving like a block west of Ashland
Jim's polishs (Jew town polish) on Roosevelt and Union
Susies on Montrose 1 block west of Elston. Although I heard they went to some special covid hours, not sure if they are still in effect.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
are the Omega's still 24hrs?

most white castles are, still, right? lol
The one in Niles is, the rest have "normal" hours, and I think one or two are only breakfast places now.

White Castle, 24/7 FTW, just be patient. Maybe bring a snack to have while waiting in line.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Man....the best Mexican is this hole in the wall by me....dayummm its fuking goooooood!!

Don Jose on 33rd Halsted .....Mayne it's delicious ! The staff are fun to talk to

Taqueria San Jose
(312) 225-7386

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Harlo's on North Ave and 25th. Not quite as good as when the owner was running the flat top. But when you're coming out of the city after a night of drinking that place really hits the spot.
Agreed and forgot about this place
I fucking hate them, but I end up there drunk every now and then......Taco Burrito King in Des Plaines and in Chicago on Harlem.

Shoutout to Heavenly Bodies for serving free burgers, beef sandwiches, fries, pizza, etc. until 4am! (at least they did pre-covid).
Havent been there in 15 years or so, cant believe they are still giving away the free food. When I was frequenting HB, it was $15 or $20 to get it and it was all the beer (domestic bottled beer) and food for free. If you wanted a Corona or Heineken it was like $1. We would get hammered AF in there with free beer.
Man....the best Mexican is this hole in the wall by me....dayummm its fuking goooooood!!

Don Jose on 33rd Halsted .....Mayne it's delicious ! The staff are fun to talk to

Taqueria San Jose
(312) 225-7386
Been there a bunch of times, my guy Mike owns a few houses on 33rd and 34th and Halsted.
Plenty of late drunken nights in that neighborhood at his house or Mitchell's bar. I'm fan of their steak nachos.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Havent been there in 15 years or so, cant believe they are still giving away the free food. When I was frequenting HB, it was $15 or $20 to get it and it was all the beer (domestic bottled beer) and food for free. If you wanted a Corona or Heineken it was like $1. We would get hammered AF in there with free beer.

I remember the good old days there 15 years ago. I was a college kid, and would show up with $20 in my pocket. Drink 12 beers, eat 2 cheeseburgers, fries, and a few pieces of pizza.....all for $20. Dancers would get pissed we wouldn't get dances, which I would have....just didn't have any money back then.

Its still $10 cover, and beers are now $1.50. Food is still free.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I remember the good old days there 15 years ago. I was a college kid, and would show up with $20 in my pocket. Drink 12 beers, eat 2 cheeseburgers, fries, and a few pieces of pizza.....all for $20. Dancers would get pissed we wouldn't get dances, which I would have....just didn't have any money back then.

Its still $10 cover, and beers are now $1.50. Food is still free.
Yup, those were indeed the days lol. I bet we have crossed paths in there. That was our winter hangout, my Wife would drop us off. Could never convince her to come in though lol.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Other than some McDonalds, and pretty much all of the Castles, there aren't many 24 hour places anymore.

CMNTMXR57 CMNTMXR57 until you mentioned that Denny's and IHOP weren't 24/7 I didn't realize that. Last time I went to one was about 4am (Denny's in Carol Stream) and it was open. So wondering if the lockdown crap changed their hours?

And now you have me wanting a French Slam.

Dick ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info