NEW RIDE 21 Charger Hellcat Widebody

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Before the dealer I’m getting it logged to see what it’s exactly doing.

ACC14FB1-8390-490C-A7CD-523371569EE0.jpeg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The way I see it, think of someone owning this car not as mechanically inclined or as in tune with the car as you. The usual new balance wearing old man. This could have easily ended with a burnt piston or more running these lean conditions. Dodge should be saying wtf when you bring this in.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
The way I see it, think of someone owning this car not as mechanically inclined or as in tune with the car as you. The usual new balance wearing old man. This could have easily ended with a burnt piston or more running these lean conditions. Dodge should be saying wtf when you bring this in.
100% agree. Also how could a dealer even diagnose or troubleshoot this without something like HP tuners and a dyno? They are not going out in the highway triple digit speeds as much as I know they’d want to. Quite irritating. But on the bright side the tuner referred me to a local dealer that he knows that’s willing to take their data and just replace the pump. Going in on Monday. Pump is like $1500 but will be covered as it should be.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
How much did the testing cost you at the tuner?
He charged me $135 for basically three pulls. They also swapped over the fuel pump module from the owner's car into mine to rule that out. It was in the trunk under a panel. That took like 5 minutes to do and that was the third pull. Here's the owners car. 2020 Hellcat on E85 making 835 to the tire. Funny thing he was at the track last night with his whole group and trailers and whatnot and thats where I met him. He gave me a card and told me to bring it down today. Super nice people and they know their shit.

1641584183022.png

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Will just be chalked up to a faulty part or quality control. My buddy just bought a brand new hellcat crate engine from mopar to use in his old school car build he’s working on. The first engine came out of the crate with a spun crank bearing!

Had to send it back and get a new one sent to him.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Will just be chalked up to a faulty part or quality control. My buddy just bought a brand new hellcat crate engine from mopar to use in his old school car build he’s working on. The first engine came out of the crate with a spun crank bearing!

Had to send it back and get a new one sent to him.
Yeah this is not out of the realm of possibility having a bad part from the factory. But no codes? This is not a minor fuel pressure drop. The duty cycle of the injectors goes off the charts by a lot from what they are telling me.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The stock pump in mine was on its way out or couldn't keep up during tuning as well and upgraded.

In your situation that pump hasn't failed, it is not working properly and the carve is starving for fuel on the top end. I wouldn't necessarily expect a code out of it, but the computer was doing what it should by pulling timing and protecting the motor as much as possible.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The stock pump in mine was on its way out or couldn't keep up during tuning as well and upgraded.

In your situation that pump hasn't failed, it is not working properly and the carve is starving for fuel on the top end. I wouldn't necessarily expect a code out of it, but the computer was doing what it should by pulling timing and protecting the motor as much as possible.

This is why JIM will be my tech on my kitty

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Good thing you found the problem and have a good dealer that will look at the data from the dyno shop. I've always had bad experiences when I've diagnosed a problem on a car under warranty and taken it to the dealership to fix it. I basically get told I don't know what I'm talking about and a technician will have to diagnose it. Then it takes multiple trips to get it fixed until they eventually look at the thing I told them needed to be fixed.

Thread Info