🔧 BUILD 2023 Hyundai Elantra N

General Information

Picked up one in 6-speed. Had to drive to LA to get it though since these are next to impossible to find anymore.

Only had it since Saturday (5/20/2023), and it has 438 miles on it now. 330 of those were the drive back from LA.

Got 5% tints all around so I took a pic at the shop, and then one at home with my 2011 Optima SX (still going )

1685114673787.png

1685114800664.png

1685114868361.png

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Were you able to get it at MSRP?

I almost bought a cyber grey DCT EN back in December, but when I went in to finalize the paperwork and pick up the car, the shitbag dealership tried sneaking in 5k worth of fees. This was after they lied to me and told me they were selling it at MSRP in order to get me to give them a deposit.

GenXisT

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Were you able to get it at MSRP?

I almost bought a cyber grey DCT EN back in December, but when I went in to finalize the paperwork and pick up the car, the shitbag dealership tried sneaking in 5k worth of fees. This was after they lied to me and told me they were selling it at MSRP in order to get me to give them a deposit.

Short answer: Yes, at MSRP. There was no bogus markup added for price gouging purposes.

Long answer:
The window sticker has $32,650
then there's the $400 charge for white paint (weird)
about $200 for some accessories
Then $1,095 for freight and handling.

Total Price: $34,450... and then they sold it to me for $33,450.
So with the tax and some silly fees that CA has, it was just about $40,000

GenXisT

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Nice dude. We got another one on here now. I got a '22 PB dct last August.
View attachment 163967

I was gonna get a KIA K5 GT (with the GT1 package) because i've been driving the Optima SX for the past 12 years.
Then I thought I wanted to drive a manual again so I did a search and this car came up.
For the past month+, I've been buried in research and videos on it and was absolutely taken by the car.

There was no way in hell I could get the K5, even if it does offer more bells, whistles, and comfort items.
This car is just to damn fun and it is perfect for my needs, especially since I was able to afford to keep the Optima.
I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

GenXisT

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Yeah they're a great deal for what they are and the performance they offer. Plus the 10 year, 100k mile warranty.

The warranty alone, offered by both KIA and Hyundai, is the reason I'll unlikely ever buy from another manufacturer.

They should all be ashamed of themselves still only offering 3/36,000 or even 2/24,000. Dafuq?

The wife ordered a KIA Sportage SX Prestige which should be delivered in a month or so.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
before i read the initial comments the same word came to mind as well, car looks sharp. wonder what the white paint tax is lol. i bought an e60 545i - a huge amount of those cars were some variation of silver. i wanted one stick and white. had to fly out to DC to get it, bought it used and basically had to pay 1k premium for white. got it back when i was selling it too... dude who bought it from me sent me some comparable silver ones trying to negotiate it down 1k. i told him we both know he wants the white one and is gonna have to pay the white paint tax. which he did.

Reactions: GenXisT

GenXisT

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
before i read the initial comments the same word came to mind as well, car looks sharp. wonder what the white paint tax is lol. i bought an e60 545i - a huge amount of those cars were some variation of silver. i wanted one stick and white. had to fly out to DC to get it, bought it used and basically had to pay 1k premium for white. got it back when i was selling it too... dude who bought it from me sent me some comparable silver ones trying to negotiate it down 1k. i told him we both know he wants the white one and is gonna have to pay the white paint tax. which he did.

ha, white paint tax. I like that one. It's a shame they do it, but I suppose they do it with harder to apply white combos
Not all of them have this tax applied. Guess I just got unlucky.

GenXisT

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Sharp car. Saw one for the first time a few weeks back and they look just as good in person.
Any more mods planned? Do these have decent aftermarket support yet or too new?

There are a lot of mods. So far people are putting in blow off valves, cold air intakes, cat back exhausts, and stiffer lower engine mounts.
Other folks have done "resonator deletes" which makes the already amazing stock exhaust sound even louder and more aggressive.

I'm not really planning on doing any of that stuff. I'm an old ass man now, so the priorities are a bit different.

The other night, I spent a couple hours changing out all of the incandescent bulbs to LED: All of the interior lights, the tag lights, the reverse lights, and the front and rear turn signals.
I'm not quite sure why there are so many incandescent bulbs still in cars in 2023... seems weird.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
There are a lot of mods. So far people are putting in blow off valves, cold air intakes, cat back exhausts, and stiffer lower engine mounts.
Other folks have done "resonator deletes" which makes the already amazing stock exhaust sound even louder and more aggressive.

I'm not really planning on doing any of that stuff. I'm an old ass man now, so the priorities are a bit different.

The other night, I spent a couple hours changing out all of the incandescent bulbs to LED: All of the interior lights, the tag lights, the reverse lights, and the front and rear turn signals.
I'm not quite sure why there are so many incandescent bulbs still in cars in 2023... seems weird.
Jb4 would do wonders tbough

GenXisT

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Nice car. That is weird on the incandescent bulbs. Our ‘21 Oddy interior was the same way. A LOT of bulbs to change in there!

How’s the wheel hop in this?

I do like these bumper add-ons:

View attachment 164068

I'm not sure about the wheel hop since I only have 498 miles on it and I haven't really gotten on it. Not quite sure I ever will, if I'm being honest. The last thing I want is to bring even more attention to myself since the exhaust is already loud and the windows are ... well, you know....

Those add-ons do look quite nice. I saw the "short" video on YouTube of the young lady who did it. I'll have to watch the full video so that I can get a link to them.

Thread Info