2023 Honda Pioneer 1000-6 Honda's newest UTV offering with room for 6.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I didn't say it was good. I'd argue hauling so many people in one of these isn't going to make it much fun to rail around a trail though.

Thought these were designed as people movers for farm/ranch duty

plenty of people do.

id say most of what i passed out west was ranger/utility style sxs.

Reactions: Mr Baytchos

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Utility is king out here. If you went to some high speed/steep hill sand areas to ride out here then you would see all of the sport and performance sxs stuff. Everywhere else, straight utility. Even at those riding spots, there were still a fair amount of utility rigs out there.

Turns out that the utility rigs are just a better style utv for all around use. I would go utility before performance next time around.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I feel like the redesigned General really exploded that segment. Sport styling/suspension but with a dump bed.

i agree with you, i loved mine. polaris fit & finish definitely leaves A LOT to be desired... and then what stinks is it's also ancient at this point also.

polaris needs to rzr pro the general at this point.

i also wish yamaha put a real bed on the wolverine.

the can-am commander just looks the fuckin' bidness but cmon guys make it more horsepowers.

1669644716966.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Utility is king out here. If you went to some high speed/steep hill sand areas to ride out here then you would see all of the sport and performance sxs stuff. Everywhere else, straight utility. Even at those riding spots, there were still a fair amount of utility rigs out there.

Turns out that the utility rigs are just a better style utv for all around use. I would go utility before performance next time around.

yeah my uncle has a ranger now outwest and fucking loves it... boss has a northstar in the UP he uses year round and he loves it also.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The general does seem to be where it’s at. I really want can am to step up to the plate and bring some fierce competition into that sporty utility vehicle segment.

i forget, what altitude are you at/riding at?

also, you have any thoughts on the commander?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
i forget, what altitude are you at/riding at?

also, you have any thoughts on the commander?

I live around 7k. Most riding was done above 5k, but when I went into the mountains it was more 9k or higher.

I have a friend out here that has an older commander. The thing won’t die. Their kids have rolled this shit out of that so many times, but it just keep on kicking. My biggest gripe about them was doing an oil change or simple belt change. I found it to be a massive pain in the ass as everything had panels on panels and was in tight quarters.

I am no utv pro, so the general could be the same way. But, the only other issue I had was the power output. It wasn’t quite enough to feel sporty IMO and felt a bit out of breath most of the time.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I live around 7k. Most riding was done above 5k, but when I went into the mountains it was more 9k or higher.

I have a friend out here that has an older commander. The thing won’t die. Their kids have rolled this shit out of that so many times, but it just keep on kicking. My biggest gripe about them was doing an oil change or simple belt change. I found it to be a massive pain in the ass as everything had panels on panels and was in tight quarters.

I am no utv pro, so the general could be the same way. But, the only other issue I had was the power output. It wasn’t quite enough to feel sporty IMO and felt a bit out of breath most of the time.

so that older commander is a totally different beast from these new ones so who knows.

my general above 7k' with me and three passengers was much much weaker than around here.

around here it was fun for sure.

up at altitude with some weight i was like AH THIS IS WHY PEOPLE WANT TURBOZ

Reactions: SleeperLS

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
so that older commander is a totally different beast from these new ones so who knows.

my general above 7k' with me and three passengers was much much weaker than around here.

around here it was fun for sure.

up at altitude with some weight i was like AH THIS IS WHY PEOPLE WANT TURBOZ
Fuckin A. Those new commanders look fantastic and I am sure are much better than the older ones…don’t have any experience with the newer ones though.

The altitude just castrates all NA motors out here. I remember when we first moved out here and I still had my Mustang. I thought there was something wrong with it because it was that much slower than being in Illinois. I say turbo all sxs motors. Even a tiny sized turbo should give a badass torque jump that would be really useful IMO. Not every unit needs 200hp, but out here they need a little something extra.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info