đź“° Auto News 2023 GR Corolla

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine

Info leaked early by toyota themselves on a staging part of their website.

300hp from 1.6L 3 cylinder
AWD with LSD on both front and rear in a package.
6 speed manual.

1648737699155.png

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
This has to slot into the 30-40k range if they want to compete with the other hot hatches. We will find out later today I hope what the real msrp. The supra starts at like 45k so I can't imagine they would go that high and eat into that territory.
at 30-40k, I can see this going against the Civic Type R for my next car.

I think the CTR would be more practical for the family, but the GR would probably be more fun.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
at 30-40k, I can see this going against the Civic Type R for my next car.

I think the CTR would be more practical for the family, but the GR would probably be more fun.
I am already lobbying the wife that if I can fit 2 baby seats in my mazda3 they would fit in this car. I know in the end I will end up with an accord 2.0t sport if I don't have to get an suv (not sure if we will have a third kid or not). But I really want to go see what the normal corollas look like inside with me and 2 kids seats in the back.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Active exhaust? Like one to keep it quiet, hit sport mode and it opens all three?

Can't wait for all the crackle/pop tunes that the racer bois are gonna do, which does nothing for street driving other than pissing off almost everyone else.

300HP from a 3cyl really got my attention though. At first glance I would never consider this car, but that might be really fun to play with and return good mileage as a DD. The more I think about it the more I'm interested. Plus, 3 pedals!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Why is this thing named the Corolla?

Bring back and name it the Celica. AWD? Rally-esque? Fucking HELLO?!
That is what I said about the Supra when it was announced what the 2020 Supra was going to be. That the Supra name plate wasn't going to fit the car. That the Celica would be better. This car even more so.

I said this in the Supra thread and actually fits this vehicle even more...

Some of the Celica were pretty badass for their time. In design and features. Especially some of the overseas versions that were used in World Rally Champ and similar series.

The Celica (GT-FOUR?) was the first production car to use water injection and Anti-lag for spooling. They were available with all wheel drive as well. They were pretty cool in their own right. Again, not like a Supra. But this Supra is lacking what Supra fans wanted. So I think the Celica would have been a better name for what this car ended up being."

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
And was this the car Toyota was thinking about back in 2018?

• Haha
Reactions: Chester Copperpot
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info