đź“° Auto News 2023 Colorado redesign.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The 4 cylinder is interesting. Wonder if it's Atlas based. I don't know that it's a great decision going this route but I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to get CAFE numbers up and/or they're reducing their engine tooling costs by having a common platform engine. This is very similar to what Volvo did a few years back where they went to a 2.4L that had a "menu" of power levels. If the tuner community continues to be locked down GM could theoretically just use the same hardware throughout and up charge for what amounts to a tune.

Then again there may actually be some minor differences. It'll be interesting to see what the first groups of people who research/build these figure out.

It could also be as a prep for a hybrid platform. Volvo did that on the XC90 T8.
I would have to go back and find the article, but the upper (and middle?) power output versions have some different hardware and internals for the additional power. It was something to do with more efficient cooling so they could run more boost.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Everyone fails to remember that I have more than one *type motorcycle.

*edited
K. You’re just being a sally. 2” isn’t going to make or break you same with putting the rear tire on the tailgate. How often do you have something in the back of your truck currently?

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I would have to go back and find the article, but the upper (and middle?) power output versions have some different hardware and internals for the additional power. It was something to do with more efficient cooling so they could run more boost.
Anyone tuning the Silverados right now? These are really too porky IMO to be great as a sport truck, but figure I'd ask. Would be a fun swap into something more S10 sized.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info