đź“° Auto News 2023 Civic Type R

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
How this japanese hatchback reminds you of an audi A4 (which is not a hatchback btw), i'll never understand.

Grill - Nothing alike
Front bumper - different
Body lines, except for the accent across the lower doors - different
Entire back half of the car, well one is a hatchback and one isn't, so...different

2023-honda-civic-type-r-teaser-jpg.101593

2021-Audi-A4-exterior.jpg

screenshot-2021-10-04-8-46-03-pm-png.101592

2021-audi-a4_100747407_h.jpg

giphy.gif

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
2022 Civic Hatchback review. The Savage Geese guys really like this car overall. With double the HP in the CTR trim, if I can't get into a 2021 CTR (seriously thinking about selling the GTI and picking one up if the numbers are right and I can move the GTI soon, that's a discussion for later next week) I might just hold off and wait for the next gen.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

So I spent a few days last week and this week calling around for a new 2021 Civic Type R at MSRP. I called about a dozen dealers all over the country (both costs, Texas, etc). Not a single one selling at MSRP, most are 10k over.

So my plan of selling the GTI and using the profits as a down payment on a 2021 CTR has vanished, so I will be watching this new CTR closely.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

So I spent a few days last week and this week calling around for a new 2021 Civic Type R at MSRP. I called about a dozen dealers all over the country (both costs, Texas, etc). Not a single one selling at MSRP, most are 10k over.

So my plan of selling the GTI and using the profits as a down payment on a 2021 CTR has vanished, so I will be watching this new CTR closely.

Did you get a legit number on your car? I remember back when I was at Honda for a minute the CTR’s where 5k over and would sell within a 2-3 weeks I can’t imagine finding one right now for msrp especially the way the market is on used.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Did you get a legit number on your car? I remember back when I was at Honda for a minute the CTR’s where 5k over and would sell within a 2-3 weeks I can’t imagine finding one right now for msrp especially the way the market is on used.

I got a Carvana offer that was a few k less than I wanted but still at a slight profit. I talked to a guy on VWVortex and got the info on what he sold he CFB GTI for and where ($35,750 on Autotrader). Got a couple tire kickers, but nothing solid on my car. It was always a long shot, especially on timing of selling my GTI and finding a CTR, I was open to trading my GTI/selling to Carvana/Carmax/Vroom/etc, but it was all depending on if I could find a CTR at MSRP, which I can't. My buddy used to work at Lisle Honda and they sold CTR and even the Yellow Limited CTR at MSRP, he was going to hook me up with their guy, but there's nothing they can do right now.

Have you looked at the Veloster N at all? They have been reviewed as comparable to the older type Rs.

Naw, I'll wait for a true CTR and keep/enjoy my GTI for the time being.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info