PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
March 9th, 2021

Jaret announces 2022 Yamaha Snowmobile Launch Date - YouTube

Probably another disappointment as usual. Riders have been asking for a Japanese Yamaha as well as a Yamaha 2-Stroke for years. He says they will have something for the "loyal" customers that are still holding on to that Apex or Vector. Not sure if that means a 998 4-cylinder in a Artic Cat or Power Steering on a Sidewinder, or both?

IMG_9475.jpeg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I like that Navy blue color scheme, but after riding a friends Sidewinder for probably 30 miles over the weekend I am not sure I need one. First time I actually put some time behind the bars of a Sidewinder rather than a quick rip on a lake. This was a 2018 137 with exhaust and tuner. 280HP. I really would have loved to find a spot on the trails where I could rip it for more than half a second but that didn't happen. When everyone says you don't need that kinda power there is nowhere to use it is 100% true. lol. I love how you sit on it but this one handled like shit. Might have been out he had his suspension setup IDK? Didnt make alot of turbo pshhhhh psshhhhh either maybe because every time I tried to wine it out it spun and never got into boost. I wish Yamaha had something between the viper and sidewinder with similar power to the apex.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I like that Navy blue color scheme, but after riding a friends Sidewinder for probably 30 miles over the weekend I am not sure I need one. First time I actually put some time behind the bars of a Sidewinder rather than a quick rip on a lake. This was a 2018 137 with exhaust and tuner. 280HP. I really would have loved to find a spot on the trails where I could rip it for more than half a second but that didn't happen. When everyone says you don't need that kinda power there is nowhere to use it is 100% true. lol. I love how you sit on it but this one handled like shit. Might have been out he had his suspension setup IDK? Didnt make alot of turbo pshhhhh psshhhhh either maybe because every time I tried to wine it out it spun and never got into boost. I wish Yamaha had something between the viper and sidewinder with similar power to the apex.

Kinda my experience as well. Out on the flowage these big power turbo sleds are fun as hell but in the trails, they don't handle anywhere near as good as the Polaris/Doo counterparts. I'll take the slower 800/850 2 smokes for the more rounded riding experience all day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info