Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

1647311005445.png

At $20,765, the S 1000 R in M Sport trim is primed for track duty while remaining ultra-capable on the street. For that reason, track frequenters will spring for BMW’s M and Sport packages, but those sticking to public roads will be better served by the Select package’s keyless ride, cruise control, heated grips, and USB charging socket. Likewise, the Premium package’s adaptive headlight, Headlight Pro, and tire pressure monitor suit commuters and night riders.

With a $14,545 base price, the S 1000 R is among the more budget-conscious options in the category. However, when you take BMW’s add-on packages into account, the MSRP quickly jumps. In M Sport trim, the S 1000 R’s price tag is knocking on the door of the Ducati Streetfighter V4 and KTM 1290 Duke R, two bikes known for outright performance.

Unfortunately, the M-series package doesn’t include the S 1000 RR’s 205-horsepower engine. Otherwise, the rivalry would be a dead heat. Instead, BMW prefers to preserve the S 1000 R’s approachability while adding on some practical track day upgrades. No, the BMW S 1000 R isn’t a fairing-less superbike, but for the vast majority of riders, the naked bike’s versatility and quality make it a legitimate competitor in the super naked segment.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Suzuki cost the same as the bmw now a days the Busa is around 19k, naked bikes aren’t a Suzuki thing every brand makes them I prefer the look, I was going to buy a bking when they first came out, the bmw just has a ton more stuff on it that can make a retard like me be able to drag race it without killing myself

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info