Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ever think about reaching out to food trucks? I’d hate to lose the location. Losing Red Poppy is bad enough. What’s the story behind it?
Too expensive to stay open. COVID, lockdowns, etc have fucked small businesses like theirs...that literally opened right when the pandemic hit.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
And no interest in doing food trucks for Sunday mornings...especially with how unpredictable turnouts are.
I'm interested, though I'd prefer something a bit closer to me than Elgin. I dropped the ball on organizing another Yorkville Cars and Coffee. The first one was a big turnout, the 2nd one was a real let down, so I gave up on it.

Reactions: Turk

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Spoke to Matt last week and not all hope it lost. He's hopeful they can get back to a normal schedule or at the least, bringing brunch back sooner rather than later... especially if these new dinner reservation plans keep going well.

I let him know we're ready to step up and help, just needs to say the word.

Morepower4me

Perma Newb
May 22, 2014
Elgin
Spoke to Matt last week and not all hope it lost. He's hopeful they can get back to a normal schedule or at the least, bringing brunch back sooner rather than later... especially if these new dinner reservation plans keep going well.

I let him know we're ready to step up and help, just needs to say the word.

Yeah, we're a pretty broadly talented group of people (who are very sick of getting kicked out of places to meet - cough-Barrington Arboretum-cough)

Im sure most of us would be happy to lend some talent or at the very least commit to a 1-2x month TCG dinner. Keep us in the loop if they want the Thundercats to roll out.

Thread Info