Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Like yes and no. They were shut down, but basically saying FU and staying open because they were losing money. Depends what current guidelines are and what not. I'm sure I can reach out to him and see what his take is on it. If you have an idea of people. 20 or so again?
20 seems like safe number. Would be cool to try and rent the place out for TCG only one night.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Luckily for me I started breeding at an early age and my kids are grown. But I'd also say that kids/family duties are the main issue with most. I also think you need to be fair to the people who dont live in the north and northwest burbs. Once a month or so start doing a meet so the ass backwards Indiana folks and southwest burbs people can make it without having to drive 90 minutes. For some reason, I thought you tried that years ago and couldnt get anyone to show. If that did happen, give it another shot, if the turnout isnt there, then scrap that idea. I know and James could confirm, that hurt our Mopar club. All the meets started happening only in the north and northwest burbs. Shit, we could hit up some city cruise nights/days. I know a few car cubs that have cruise days on the weekends at Humboldt Park a couple times a month. No your not going to get shot, your car isnt going to get stolen and your not going to get robbed. Gang bangers in HP, respect the car clubs and dont fuck with them or their shows or meets. You would be very surprised at the variety of cars you would see there including some frame off restos that would blow your mind.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Luckily for me I started breeding at an early age and my kids are grown. But I'd also say that kids/family duties are the main issue with most. I also think you need to be fair to the people who dont live in the north and northwest burbs. Once a month or so start doing a meet so the ass backwards Indiana folks and southwest burbs people can make it without having to drive 90 minutes. For some reason, I thought you tried that years ago and couldnt get anyone to show. If that did happen, give it another shot, if the turnout isnt there, then scrap that idea. I know and James could confirm, that hurt our Mopar club. All the meets started happening only in the north and northwest burbs. Shit, we could hit up some city cruise nights/days. I know a few car cubs that have cruise days on the weekends at Humboldt Park a couple times a month. No your not going to get shot, your car isnt going to get stolen and your not going to get robbed. Gang bangers in HP, respect the car clubs and dont fuck with them or their shows or meets. You would be very surprised at the variety of cars you would see there including some frame off restos that would blow your mind.
Ive never been opposed to city meets or south side, etc. I just dont know the areas well enough to make suggestions....and when we have tried in the past, turnout was very low. Its part of the reason I always ask for folks to help out with meet locations. I'm only good with the burbs.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You're gunna have a hard time convincing a bunch of middle aged white dudes from the burbs to go cruising in Humboldt Park :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
And I must be super easy to please but I'd circle Lake Michigan every year. I bet we haven't even unlocked 45% of things to do in and around the lake on all side.

I'm all about 3-4 days of road shenanigans with hotel shenanigans voluptuous magazines in the woods shenanigans. Etc

I also loved the circle tour and would do it again. The problem with Chicago is you need to drive hours and hours away in most cases through boring corn fields to get anywhere worth a shit. Going around the lake is about as good as it gets driving wise. Like DEEZUZ said we have not seen anywhere close to the amount of stuff we can. We can stop in places and diviate along the route to see new things.

Id love todo a TCG Tour down in the Smokies or around Lake Superior. Those would just involve a day of driving to the starting point and a day driving back.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
because they charge $25/year for a "membership" and sip Champagne while looking at each others lambo, lol .....just joking I couldn't resist.
giphy.gif

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
A few ideas:
For a winter get together, K1 speed go karts. This would probably be a blast and I’m sure we could get a group together. I’ve never been there but it looks fun.
For next year, it would be really cool to rent out an actual race track for TCG. I’m not sure if anybody does this for a non ridiculous price. But to get everyone lapping around together would be great.
For the summer, a cruise night out to some podunk rural town for some dirt track or demo derby fun. Hopefully with some tailgating :). More of a family thing.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think is was mentioned in the food thread about the 101 best burgers. Why not do a cruise to different burger/whatever spots. This way families can attend, plus the aftermath can be a discussion on how the food was.
I had that idea over the summer but with covid, was just too much of a pain. I'd definitely love to do that next year.

Thread Info