2021 TCG schedule discussion

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
giphy.gif

We had a awesome meet there years ago. Great turnout. Had a private room.

Next time we tried to set something up they wanted something stupid like $1500 just to have use of the private room.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
But Id be willing to give them a try again.

I believe the issue might have been we wanted the room for a holiday party. My guess is they don't want to turn down small companies with 50+ people because another group may have a good turnout? IDK

Id also 2nd giving them another try. The room was awesome and the location central. But if we cannot get the party room. meh Thats kinda what made that memorable.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I should really choose my words more carefully....I absolutely enjoy every meet we put together. Even when its 5 of us, I always end up hanging out for hours because we're just shooting the shit constantly. Thursdays are a prime exaple of that.

Or Sunday.

You're welcome for being able to bask in my presence.

• Haha
Reactions: RAM-ROD

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I know you mentioned before about having someone (or a couple of people), become events coordinators. This way it takes the burden off of you and adds a different mix in to the options.

Maybe stop asking for volunteers and start throwing out nudges to certain people and ask them if they're interested.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I believe the issue might have been we wanted the room for a holiday party. My guess is they don't want to turn down small companies with 50+ people because another group may have a good turnout? IDK
Pretty much all of our big meets there were holiday parties and we never once got dildo slapped like that. Oh well. It was years ago. I have no problem trying again.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I know you mentioned before about having someone (or a couple of people), become events coordinators. This way it takes the burden off of you and adds a different mix in to the options.

Maybe stop asking for volunteers and start throwing out nudges to certain people and ask them if they're interested.
Funny you mention that....I'm finally starting to get that event help that I've been begging for. Jerry, who some of you guys have met, has been leading the charge in finding spots for us, setting up introductions, etc. Hes really become a great friend to TCG and a trustworthy consigliere. John ( Os3d4 Os3d4) has also been stepping up and helping plan things as well. Its been super helpful to bounce ideas off new brains.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I’d be interested to see a survey of the age demographics on the site. I think you’re onto something. Anecdotally, it seems we have a lot of members with younger kids (or maybe that’s my distorted perception because I’m in that camp). And that’s not the most flexible age group.

For me, location is huge because if it’s an hour-plus away then I have to plan my whole week around it to make sure childcare is taken care of, and coordinating with the wife’s schedule. If it were a half hour away, I could easily pop over after bedtime. My attendance this year, however, has been greatly affected by cautiousness because of the pandemic.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Even with all the COVID crap I believe we are heading the right direction meet wise. This year I think was a huge success or past couple years IMO. As said Thursday’s should always stay. I believe Sunday C&C should also be an always. Even with our adult lives most people hopefully can make one or the other.

As far as other meets and different nights I believe they are a good idea because it gives people another day to show up if they are busy on Thursday’s/ Sunday’s. But we can’t expect huge turnouts all the time with these. I do believe they are a great way to get attendance from new or busy members.
Also I like what you have been doing with social media. Posting the cars that show up to meets throughout the week is a great way to make people interested. I think we as members could help share those pics more, but I feel it’s going very well.

And totally in for party at Dereks

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
And I must be super easy to please but I'd circle Lake Michigan every year. I bet we haven't even unlocked 45% of things to do in and around the lake on all side.

I'm all about 3-4 days of road shenanigans with hotel shenanigans voluptuous magazines in the woods shenanigans. Etc
When restrictions and quarantine are lifted, get your passports ready and should go for a run around Lake Superior. That's a good 5-6 day cruise, averaging about 6-7 hours of driving per day. Did this on the bike back in 2014 (in five days).

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
And I must be super easy to please but I'd circle Lake Michigan every year. I bet we haven't even unlocked 45% of things to do in and around the lake on all side.

I'm all about 3-4 days of road shenanigans with hotel shenanigans voluptuous magazines in the woods shenanigans. Etc

I miss the armrest goblin leaving voluptuous ladies as a gift.

Baby come back, I've changed.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

:h5:

I think the circle tour is the easiest to make accommodating for our group.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So let me start out by saying that I feel pretty lucky that the TCG reemergence has coincided with the time in my life where I have been able to jump back into the car hobby. I've spent more time doing "car stuff" this year than I have in a very long time. Luke's was an awesome throw back and cars and coffee has been great. The location is awesome and the Red Poppy Bistro has great food. The GF and I love it. The track day was also a great event and I hope to see a couple more next year. It has lit a fire in me to finish the car I have neglected for a couple years. There has also been some great events planned that I wasn't able to attend like the brewery so TCG is on the right track.

Now how can it get better? Well I wish I had more tome to make it to events. I think you hit the nail on the head Mook Mook , people just have a lot going on with family, work and friends. Back in the day I used to try to race Thursday through Sunday so that meant hitting car meets for 3 nights straight. Now cruises and hang outs seem like more fun.

I would love to finally make a TCG tour next year. I'm also looking forward to more track days, cars and coffee and Thursday night meets. See you guys in 2021!

Thread Info