đź“° Auto News 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Revealed: Three Rows, Grand Looks, More Tech | Motor1

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I like it! The interior looks well put together and very luxurious. They clearly spent time working on the interior details and technology. That being said, the powertrain options are a disappointment.

The Pentastar v6 powerband sucks and really needs a turbo to fill in the gap. A single turbo v6 making 325hp as the base would have been perfect. Additionally the 5.7L seems outgunned. Again, a higher output turbo v6 would have worked here. I’m not going to complain about the 8 speed ZF as it’s an amazing transmission, but the competition has moved to 10 speeds.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Still making the wagoneer and grand wagoneer. Grand Cherokee is on a different chassis(unibody vs body on frame)
Maybe I’m not understanding the size difference but they’ll really overlap, no?
It's ok.... not a huge fan of the 3rd row or how big it is now. Definitely not selling my current model Grand Cherokee for it.
I think the new standard wheel base Grand Cherokee will be following the L shortly.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Wife’s lease ends this year. This thing becomes a contender just for this reason!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

The 2021 GC L will start at $36,995, excluding the $1,695 destination charge.

The entry-level price is for the two-wheel-drive Laredo model, which sports the company’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V6. Adding four-wheel drive, which is an available option on the Laredo, Altitude, Limited, Overland, and Summit trims, adds $2,000. The next trim up, the Altitude, starts at $40,195. That’s followed by the Limited at $43,995. The V6-powered Overland starts at $52,995, though the V8 version, which uses the brand’s 5.7-liter V8, starts at $58,290.

Near the top of the range is the Summit trim that starts at $56,995. That’s for the V6 model, with the V8 commanding $62,290 to start. The top-tier offering is the Summit Reserve, which is only available with four-wheel drive, though customers can choose between spending $61,995 for the V6 one or $65,290 for one with the V8.

Reactions: Milhouse

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Despite some real issues – the gulf in material quality being the most substantial, although the base V6 is also a concern – the 2021 Grand Cherokee L is the three-row crossover Jeep has needed for years. It's not a perfect vehicle, but Jeep has successfully converted the Grand Cherokee formula to a more versatile form factor, pairing space with impressive technology and a pleasant on-road demeanor. Whether this three-rower will be able to crack into a segment dominated by established seven-seat nameplates is hard to say, but there's no question Jeep has brought a lot to the table with its newest entry.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Autoblog didn't quite have the same perspective as Motor1 in terms of the Pentastar.

My time was spent in only V6-powered versions of the Grand Cherokee L, in various trims. Considering its power-to-weight ratio compared to the competition, I worried that this powerplant could make the hulking Grand Cherokee L feel sluggish. But even the heaviest Summit Reserve package/trim (and most expensive, at $63,690 with the V6 — pricing breakdown can be found here), didn’t feel any lazier getting to highway speeds or passing slower vehicles than our long-term Hyundai Palisade. It feels like plenty of motor for the Grand Cherokee L, both on-road and off, but it’s nice to have the V8 available for those who need to tow more, or who just like the sound and feel of a Hemi under the hood.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info