đź“° Auto News 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 to be 'most track-capable' non-Shelby Mustang ever

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
People like you will never ever ever use even 20% of the upgraded brakes capacity. You said yourself that road courses/turns don't matter...and that's the only reason to have big brakes.

By the same reasons people dont need a Mach 1 over a loaded GT.

Honestly theeeee only reason Id buy a GT350 is the engine and they come in yellow ROFL......

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
The prices keep going up because people are paying them to keep up with everyone else. Paying 50k for my GT350 was a stretch, after all, its a mustang. No way would i pay 60k+, i would rather buy something older and build it. People are throwing money around worse then i ever seen, most dont have it and are putting themselves in a lot of debt to say they have something. I really like the Mach 1, but no way would i pay what they are asking. I would go buy a 19/20 coyote car that is loaded, build that.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
The prices keep going up because people are paying them to keep up with everyone else. Paying 50k for my GT350 was a stretch, after all, its a mustang. No way would i pay 60k+, i would rather buy something older and build it. People are throwing money around worse then i ever seen, most dont have it and are putting themselves in a lot of debt to say they have something. I really like the Mach 1, but no way would i pay what they are asking. I would go buy a 19/20 coyote car that is loaded, build that.
For everyone that says they won’t pay 65k for a Mach 1 The Beast The Beast will have someone walk into his dealership willing to pay 70k.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You ain't losing shit. You're a ford nutswinger and you're going to be calling The Beast The Beast to get you a Dark Horse soon.
Gomez is my man and I've bought quite a few cars from him, but if buying a new Mustang, I would be going to Granger Ford in Iowa. They're selling ALL 2023 mustangs for 3% UNDER invoice for any ordered car.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

We have an issue with remembering the past. lol The average price of a new car now is like $40k. A special branded, performance-upgraded, pony car for $10k over an average-priced car seems impossible.

Heck, look at the dollar's worth now versus 2018. In 2018 a $40k mustang would be $47k just to keep up with inflation. Then add in higher shipping costs, shortages, cheap financing, and everything else. A disaster for pricing.

Even selling at a premium, I'm still going to cough up $30k to get into a Mach 1? How much do you think I'm selling my car for, 55k? lmao

Honest question, why do you want a Mach 1? You don't really want the performance suspension. Sadly we live where straight roads are abundant. haha Just for collectability and value holding? Not so sure the Mach 1 will hold a value that well long-term. The last Mach 1 didn't.

I 100% agree with the 67K being expensive for the Mach 1. It lands between the GT and the GT350. But the looks and Shelby value would make me want a GT350. Especially at that price.

What about something more "special" that will hold its value better for similar money? Like a n/a Saleen 302S? Maybe their n/a White Label, or supercharged Black Label? I think the black label makes 800hp and is like $78k.

White Label
2019-Saleen-302-White-Label-Side-Street.jpg

Black Label
2019-saleen-mustang-s302-black-label-review-05.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
We have an issue with remembering the past. lol The average price of a new car now is like $40k. A special branded, performance-upgraded, pony car for $10k over an average-priced car seems impossible.

Heck, look at the dollar's worth now versus 2018. In 2018 a $40k mustang would be $47k just to keep up with inflation. Then add in higher shipping costs, shortages, cheap financing, and everything else. A disaster for pricing.

Honest question, why do you want a Mach 1? You don't really want the performance suspension. Sadly we live where straight roads are abundant. haha Just for collectability and value holding? Not so sure the Mach 1 will hold a value that well long-term. The last Mach 1 didn't.

I 100% agree with the 67K being expensive for the Mach 1. It lands between the GT and the GT350. But the looks and Shelby value would make me want a GT350. Especially at that price.

What about something more "special" that will hold its value better for similar money? Like a n/a Saleen 302S? Maybe their n/a White Label, or supercharged Black Label? I think the black label makes 800hp and is like $78k.

White Label

Black Label

The average car is 40K, because people are willing to spend that. That is also the average though, which takes into account all car sales, including performance vehicles. Buying a Mach 1 for 67k if almost 170% higher then the average. That is the problem though, with inflation we are aren't getting more for our money, but less. It's not like we are in a strong economy where a dollar gets you 20% more from a few years ago, and makes high prices justifiable, it's actually the opposite. The current buying power of a dollar is somewhere around .84c, comparing from 2018 when it was worth 1.00.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You wouldn't even be considering selling it, if you didn't think the value you're getting for it is good.
Lol well no shit. Isn't that the case with everything in life? If you dont think you're getting good value, do you still make a deal? I know I dont. In this market, what do YOU think is reasonable for a car like mine?

I haven't even given the guy a number because I wanted to think it over.
Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC Sell your junk, buy a 19 or 20 install twin turbo kit from 01bluesnake 01bluesnake and SEND!
I'm not selling my car to get into another "plain" GT
Or keep your junk, and run it.
The more I talk about this out loud, that's what will happen. I'd rather take the 30k that I will need to "upgrade", and buy something else in addition to my current car that I do really love.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Sell high buy low. Right now the market is still high but it’s cooling. If you can be out of the car game for the bit, sell your S650 and sit on the cash for a while or invest in a CD which are paying pretty decent rates.

My $.02 is that next spring and summer the car market is going to look different and will be back to normal. Prices are already cooling on stuff I’m interested in, but I’m cheap and won’t pay inflated prices.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info