đź“° Auto News 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 to be 'most track-capable' non-Shelby Mustang ever

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
If I'm getting rid of my car, it will not be for another base model car. I want something somewhat "special", if that explains it?
The only "special" mustangs are the shelbys since they're limited production. As far as I'm concerned every other mustang might as well be a base. Dark horse...mach 1...nobody cares

mach 1 will not hold value remotely close to what a shelby will. But then you're faced with a decision: spend big dollars on a slow gt350, or spend really big dollars on the gt500

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
The only "special" mustangs are the shelbys since they're limited production. As far as I'm concerned every other mustang might as well be a base. Dark horse...mach 1...nobody cares

mach 1 will not hold value remotely close to what a shelby will. But then you're faced with a decision: spend big dollars on a slow gt350, or spend really big dollars on the gt500
The Machs will certainly hold value better than a GT. I agree with your point though.

I would have gladly paid sticker for a GT500. Ford just made it so limited that us normal people couldn't buy one.

You know what, Ford is starting to piss me off...lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
buy a 19 or 20
Those aren't immune either. A bud lost the motor to his '19 with barely over 100 miles pulling out of the gas station...lol
Pricing is all relative, from the econo box, to the pony car, to suv's, to trucks, etc.
Why isnt the Camaro $70k? Just because nobody wants those ugly things?

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Those aren't immune either. A bud lost the motor to his '19 with barely over 100 miles pulling out of the gas station...lol

I mean, Chevy just seems to be more in line with pricing, outside of the fact their interiors are garbage, but at that, you get what you pay for.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The Machs will certainly hold value better than a GT. I agree with your point though.

I would have gladly paid sticker for a GT500. Ford just made it so limited that us normal people couldn't buy one.

You know what, Ford is starting to piss me off...lol
They're coming down. 2020's are in the low 80's now (which is like $70k in 2020 dollars so not terrible), a 2021 cftp by me is asking $89900

the gt500 is a lot of car for the sticker and they hit the market perfectly so obv prices have been nuts but it'll normalize

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

The only redeeming qualities of the gt350 are its appearance, weight, and limited production that'll help it hold value. It sucks at everything else. Its lap times aren't at all impressive despite being marketed as a track car, in a straight line it's god awful slow, and it's not reliable.

I looked at gt350R's because they only made like 700 a year and they look sick, but it's punching way way way below its price class in terms of performance. The R is barely faster than an ss 1le at the lightning lap...that's embarrassing. 7 seconds slower than a zl1 1le. I'd imagine a regular gt350 is right in line with an SS 1le because CF wheels make a big difference.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
The only redeeming qualities of the gt350 are its appearance, weight, and limited production that'll help it hold value. It sucks at everything else. Its lap times aren't at all impressive despite being marketed as a track car, in a straight line it's god awful slow, and it's not reliable.

I looked at R's because they only made like 700 a year and they look sick, but it's punching way way way below its weight class in terms of performance. The R is barely faster than an ss 1le at the lightning lap...that's embarrassing. 7 seconds slower than a zl1 1le. I'd imagine a regular gt350 is right in line with an SS 1le because CF wheels make a big difference.

SOUND! That engine alone is worth the prices even if its a gamble. Plus GT350 brakes are better than a Mach 1. Only mustang with better brakes is the GT500.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
SOUND! That engine alone is worth the prices even if its a gamble. Plus GT350 brakes are better than a Mach 1. Only mustang with better brakes is the GT500.
People like you will never ever ever use even 20% of the upgraded brakes capacity. You said yourself that road courses/turns don't matter...and that's the only reason to have big brakes.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info