đź“° Auto News 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 to be 'most track-capable' non-Shelby Mustang ever

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
This looks soo good. Retro kinda yellow orange black scheme. :unsure::)

download.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

It's worth noting that the European version of the Mach 1 is a bit less powerful than the one on sale in American. Over there, the naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 has 453 horsepower (338 kilowatts) and 390 pound-feet (529 Newton-meters) of torque, versus 480 hp (358 kW) and 420 lb-ft (569 Nm) in the United States. The different emissions regulations between the markets are the reason for the difference.

The one in this video has the six-speed manual, rather than the available 10-speed automatic. It's riding on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It's down 17 horsepower and a manual in a capable driver isn't a hinderance with his car. It looked and sounded like understeer was a problem, which the handling pack would have solved a bit.

Ford doesn't do the greatest job with building cars that post the fastest lap time in their class. GM engineers seem to do a better job in wrangling every tenth of a second out of their vehicles.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Wanted to bump this because I went online to price out a new Mach 1 build. With the options being a premium, 10spd, Recaros, and handling pack, the build comes out to $67k. Honestly was kind of shocked at that number.

For shits and giggles, I went over to the Chebby site to build a comparable 2SS 1LE car with an auto, and that came out to $54k. Why does Ford feel a comparable Mustang that is a slightly lesser track vehicle is worth $13k more than it's main competitor?

Someone is interested in buying my car, so that's the only reason I'm kinda looking around. Figured a new Eruption Green Mach 1 with an A10 and later add a nice twin turbo kit would be a pretty fun car, but at $67k, I just don't think I can justify it.

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
Wanted to bump this because I went online to price out a new Mach 1 build. With the options being a premium, 10spd, Recaros, and handling pack, the build comes out to $67k. Honestly was kind of shocked at that number.

For shits and giggles, I went over to the Chebby site to build a comparable 2SS 1LE car with an auto, and that came out to $54k. Why does Ford feel a comparable Mustang that is a slightly lesser track vehicle is worth $13k more than it's main competitor?

Someone is interested in buying my car, so that's the only reason I'm kinda looking around. Figured a new Eruption Green Mach 1 with an A10 and later add a nice twin turbo kit would be a pretty fun car, but at $67k, I just don't think I can justify it.
67k?! wtf

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Said ages ago a Mach 1 isnt worth the MSRP for a sticker package and 20hp over my 2020 PP1.

Like you just said add a twin turbo kit because this is America and no one gives a shit about turns so why buy a Mach 1?

Just buy a loaded GT.
turns > straight line

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Mach 1 really is just an appearance package money grab, it's kind of sad

I still love the new edge machs though. Don't know why

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
If thats the case GT350 or GT500 are only options worth it. A Mach 1 is a 10k sticker package.
Would you just stop already with the sticker package. It's quite a bit more than that, but not enough to warrant an almost $70k price tag imo.
Yea 57ish seems ok barley lol
At $57k for the car I spec'd, I'd be down.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info