đź“° Auto News 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 to be 'most track-capable' non-Shelby Mustang ever

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That is the problem though, with inflation we are aren't getting more for our money, but less. It's not like we are in a strong economy where a dollar gets you 20% more from a few years ago, and makes high prices justifiable, it's actually the opposite. The current buying power of a dollar is somewhere around .84c, comparing from 2018 when it was worth 1.00.
Inflation is defined as "a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money". So we aren't getting more for our money and seeing inflation rates increasing.

When the USD is strong, it doesn't make products cost more. When the economy is good, and financing rates are low, it definitely allows people to justify spending more. Manufacturers increasing prices to make more profit due to the consumers spending more is a different story.

The Mach 1 is basically the replacement for the GT350. A 2018 GT350 was like $59k new, correct? Inflation means that the $59K then would cost $68k today. So I am sure where Ford gets that number for the Mach 1. But I agree that a $68K, a 2022 GT350 would be a better value than a 2022 Mach 1. But they don't offer it.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Sell high buy low. Right now the market is still high but it’s cooling. If you can be out of the car game for the bit, sell your S650 and sit on the cash for a while or invest in a CD which are paying pretty decent rates.

My $.02 is that next spring and summer the car market is going to look different and will be back to normal. Prices are already cooling on stuff I’m interested in, but I’m cheap and won’t pay inflated prices.

Personally I think after tax season once everyone realizes that they are going to take in the ass this year everything will be on firesale come spring.

The free money hush money rona checks are long gone and partly why we have inflation now!

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Jeff, keep the car, make some upgrades, and buy a cool second project. Weren't you and the wife talking about some other hobby stuff? I forget if it was a camper, UTV, or what not. But maybe send some money in that direction?
Yea we’re thinking about either a boat or travel trailer. Leaning toward a travel trailer we can leave at a campground within a couple hours so we have a weekend getaway place.

As far as upgrades to the current car, I’ve thought hard about it, but the next step is probably an auto swap, and then built motor. The car is a blast now so not really sure I’d want to go down that rabbit hole.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Build the motor and leave the stick. Then a travel trailer or boat would be cool. You don't drive the car much, think you would use a boat often?
Realistically with the stick, the power the car makes now is hard to handle. If I build the motor, I’m not sure what more the 2.9 Gen 2 Whipple is good for? I think I’ve seen like one make over 1k HP. 01bluesnake 01bluesnake you have any idea what my blower is maxed at? This is the rabbit hole I’m speaking of though…car needs an auto to handle the power, then if I do that, I’ll want even more power(1100+), which will require a built motor and either a Gen 5 Whipple upgrade or moving to a TT setup. Easy 30k to do all that.

We’re leaning travel trailer right now because it would probably get used much more with the kids being so young. Planning on going to the RV show that happens in Feb I believe. If we get a camper I’ll probably just leave the cover on the car for good as I’ll really never have time anymore?

• Haha
Reactions: Pressure Ratio
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info