YouTube 2021 Ford F-150 debuts tonight

MikeyLikesIt

2019 F150 Platinum
Reaction score
$100k hybrid!

No Plug-in which still boggles my mind. Plenty of room for a small battery pack under this truck.

If its like the F250/F350, they won't change the body much and just interior and drivetrain upgrades.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
"All-New"

let's hope.
So I've been hearing more than a few rumblings this is more of an evolution than a revolution. They focused on interior and tech and not so much exterior and most drivetrains (aside from the Hybrid and full electric)

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
So I've been hearing more than a few rumblings this is more of an evolution than a revolution. They focused on interior and tech and not so much exterior and most drivetrains (aside from the Hybrid and full electric)

right, i think we've touched on that here quite a bit as well.

big screen, hybrid, throw more money at the bronco some people will likely be upset by. the end. go ford.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I've been saying for years that if one of the major manufacturer's can come up with full size half ton truck with a small battery that'll give like 30-40 miles of electric only range alongside a nice beefy V-8 that it would capture my interest. So much of my gas is wasted in stop and go traffic in which a battery would be great for. Then, when the battery runs out you have the V-8 for everything else, like road trips, towing/hauling, etc. Or if the battery is charged then a nice power boost from the electric motor.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
right, i think we've touched on that here quite a bit as well.

big screen, hybrid, throw more money at the bronco some people will likely be upset by. the end. go ford.
Yeah, a mid-cycle refresh with a facelift and some new interior bits...Ford maybe hit the hype train a BIT too hard...

I'm curious about the generator from the hybrid though...did we decide that the generator wouldn't be on the regular gassers?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a mid-cycle refresh with a facelift and some new interior bits...Ford maybe hit the hype train a BIT too hard...

I'm curious about the generator from the hybrid though...did we decide that the generator wouldn't be on the regular gassers?
generator

i hope it's cool.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
generator

i hope it's cool.
Sounds like it'll just use the hybrid batteries as a power station, which could be cool, depending on how many kW the battery pack is, and how many watts it'll handle.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my dad's '16 F150 (dad150........................................:s00ls: ) rides actually fairly comfortably, but you can definitely feel the rear axle bouncing around on bigger bumps. I'm hoping with the IRS, it'll give it much better control for most driving (still not ideal for towing, but how many F150 owners actually tow enough weight to make IRS v SRA an issue?)

Plus lowering your 4wd IRS F150 should be WAY easier. No fucking with/worrying about driveshaft angles

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
When I dropped mine it helped with the bouncy ride feeling, but it’s night and day more comfortable to drive then an f250 or f350

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
When I dropped mine it helped with the bouncy ride feeling, but it’s night and day more comfortable to drive then an f250 or f350

the 6.2 f250's i test drove i was completely mindfucked at how poorly they rode. i was chuckling thinking it was a joke.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
the 6.2 f250's i test drove i was completely mindfucked at how poorly they rode. i was chuckling thinking it was a joke.
Anything with a solid axel in the front straight poo, probably doesn’t help the recommended tire inflation is like 70psi for the load range once you have a load on it it rides decent

GTPpower

Reaction score
I thought my 2013 f150 rode great. But, I'm used to a f350 that I don't think rides bad either.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah our old work 250's were kidney jarringly bad. The 150's are soooooooo much nicer. Just need to figure out how to stop the rear axle from bouncing

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought my 2013 f150 rode great. But, I'm used to a f350 that I don't think rides bad either.

go drive a silverAAAADoe or air suspension ram...

also. 2013 f150's weren't aluminum yet right? i think the lighter trucks is the main issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom