2021 Acura TLX and TLX Type S Debut

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yes, if I was in the sport sedan market, I would give this TLX Type S a close look.

Looks to be a vehicle that puts and keeps a smile on one’s face,

giphy.gif

Until u see that price tag and u end up buying a Camry

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I was behind an A-Spec yesterday in traffic and it took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at.

I’ve spent time in the base version and am really thrilled with how it drives, but the multimedia and control system is just so confounding that it really puts a bruise on and otherwise really good car.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I feel like Acura kind of punted on this. 355 horsepower is kind of weak in this class given that the Germans underrate their engines. Maybe Acura underrated this motor, but I feel like they should have come out swinging with something slightly over 400hp. Even Lincoln’s 3.0t makes 400/400.

That’s what I’m curious, Will know more at the end of May when the road tests come out. I like the quick shifts of the 10 speed in the TFL video. Car also sounds good

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Approximately a year after its online debut, Acura’s most powerful Type S model in history is finally going on sale. The 2021 TLX Type S is here and available to order with a starting price of $52,300 (MSRP) excluding destination and handling fee. This puts the performance sedan in a very competitive position against its direct rivals but we’ll get to that in a minute.

For an additional $800, Acura will also sell you the TLX Type S with upgraded wheels and summer tires, bringing the price to $53,100. Regardless of whether you opt for the performance package or not, the sedan comes powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine good for 355 horsepower (265 kilowatts) and 354 pound-feet (480 Newton-meters) of torque. The power reaches all four wheels through an AWD system with “true” torque vectoring.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Decision Time
Compared to a similarly-spec'd Audi S4, the TLX Type S seems like a bargain, as the Acura is about $9,000 cheaper than the Audi. The aggressive design and larger proportions make the Type S stand out against the competition, and you also get more car for your money in terms of features. The question buyers should ask themselves is whether a similarly equipped S4 drives $9,000 better. We'll answer that question once we pair them for a head-to-head comparison.

Acura has built a true performance sedan—one that's fun to drive on the track and on canyon roads. It's energetic, responsive, and sporty, and that's exactly what Acura wanted to deliver with the TLX Type S. As enthusiasts, we're excited to see the return of the Type S, but as a performance brand, there's more Acura can do to satisfy our wants—the TLX could happily take more power, and we haven't forgotten about the other letter in the alphabet that hasn't yet returned to Acura. We said the Type S is like the Reserva of Spanish wines, will we get to try the Gran Reserva?

Reactions: BS ISF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info