2020 World Series Picks?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I know not many hard core baseball fans on here as the Cubs/SUX thread doesnt get much attention. But its playoff time, with the expanded playoffs, everyone having to play in the wild card round (3 game series), no days off in a series until the WS, and after the wild card round all games played at a neutral place anyone can win this damn thing. I have said it since before this crazy 60 game season started and have stood by what I said. Whoever wins it all even if for some miracle the Cubs pull it off, this year should come with an asterisk. They played less than a 3rd of a season, so everyone is still fresh. Usually come Sept, guys are struggling and battling injuries after a full 162 game season. Who do I want to see in the WS, that would be the Cubs vs SUX to end all this BS, but not going to happen.

Remember, once a series starts there are ZERO days off during that series. Highly doubtful you will see a #1 pitcher pitch in 3 games of a 7 game series due to that.
Once WS starts I think there played under normal schedule with days off.

Dodgers vs Yankees with Dodgers winning it in 6. Roberts is probably as horrible as Renteria as a manager. But they can win it on pure talent this year.
I could see TB and SD sneaking in and would like to see that over Dodgers vs Yankees.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So who do you guys got? I called Dodgers vs Yanks with TB possibly sneaking in and they did. Braves fucking choked, I think their inexperience killed them. Up 3-1 and lose 3 in a row......smfh. I'm going to take TB, they can literally shut the game down after the 5th inning with their bullpen. Can they score is the big question. Picking them also because I hate the fucking Dodgers lol.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So congrats to the Dodgers, not a big surprise.
Bigger news, their 3rd baseman Justin Turner tested positive twice within 24hrs for Covid. Was told not to play and still went out there and played.
How fucking ignorant is that? I get it that Covid isnt as bad as they make it sound for people in general good health. But what happens if he passed it on to a teammate who then passed on to someone with underlying conditions and said person passes away. Prior to this, I really liked Turner, he plays the game the right way. But after this I lost all respect I had for him.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So congrats to the Dodgers, not a big surprise.
Bigger news, their 3rd baseman Justin Turner tested positive twice within 24hrs for Covid. Was told not to play and still went out there and played.
How fucking ignorant is that? I get it that Covid isnt as bad as they make it sound for people in general good health. But what happens if he passed it on to a teammate who then passed on to someone with underlying conditions and said person passes away. Prior to this, I really liked Turner, he plays the game the right way. But after this I lost all respect I had for him.
Could you imagine playing baseball your whole life and at 35 being told you can't play the clinching game that leads to a world series title because of a test that is known to be inaccurate? I feel for the guy. He couldn't even celebrate.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Could you imagine playing baseball your whole life and at 35 being told you can't play the clinching game that leads to a world series title because of a test that is known to be inaccurate? I feel for the guy. He couldn't even celebrate.
I get it, but it wasnt a false positive. He had 2 tests come back positive within 24hrs.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I agree he should have not played, but at the same time....do we know if he told his teammates what he was doing? If he did, then I'm not sure I'm totally against it.

These guys play through the flu (MJ was a hero for doing it, even though it ended up being food poisoning), and the flu is more likely to kill them than the china virus. Those guys are probably more likely to die from getting hit in the head with a ball during the game than dying from the china virus. But, like what Shawn said, hopefully it doesn't spread to his teammate's families.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
But, like what Shawn said, hopefully it doesn't spread to his teammate's families.
This is my gripe about it. I mean fuck if any us get it, I'm sure common sense will come in to play and we will isolate.
I just think its ignorant knowing and putting others in jeopardy that could give it to someone with an underlying condition.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info