Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

The Wrangler Ecodiesel uses the 3.0-liter V6 available in the Ram 1500. However, it has a different intake and exhaust, so the powerplant makes 260 horsepower (194 kilowatts) and 442 pound-feet (600 Newton-meters) of torque, which is 38 lb-ft (52 Nm) less than the Ram.

Regardless of trim level, all diesel Wranglers get Dana 44 heavy-duty axles. With the ample torque, it should have no problem climbing on rocks off-road. Towing should be easier, too, but Jeep isn't offering specifics about how much it can haul yet. Pricing and the exact fuel economy aren't yet available, either.

The Wrangler Ecodiesel will be on sale before the end of the year. Later, the engine will also be available in the Gladiator pickup, too.

Jeep will also broaden the Wrangler powertrain lineup in 2020 by introducing a plug-in hybrid powertrain. Specifics about the setup aren't yet available, but the instant torque from the electric motor could be useful off-road.

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
the diesel option does not attracts me one bit. Not even the v6 current pentastar. I have an 09 JKU I'm loyal to the good ol' pushrod. there's no replacement for displacement lol. It's a fucking turtle but never had an issue with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info