Aug 14, 2017
FEzFulY.jpg

Flat brimmed Wranger? bros be wet

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It looks just how one would imagine a jeep truck to look, but now that there are pics its just strange seeing it..

I mean, I was getting at this is exactly what every rendering looked like for the past 3-4 years.

Scrambler made more sense since built off a wrangler vs full size. Looks like way better proportions than the bagged test mules led on.

:werd:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
meh, looks like something from the 80's. Everything past the rear door was an after thought. Does the roof come off like a Jeep? That would be a game changer.

i saw a pic/rendering with a soft top on it, so i'm assuming it does- and like i said- im really interested to see how the cab makes sense just behind the seats.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
mzoittbdhq8i7xnruinv.jpg

iwdsuvggshk2udv5o3ss.png

kf9msjqgbu3uwsehwct9.png

h0y6uyvr1do55tju8kaq.png

nbsacxbbkstr6lpkimxl.png

twy2nteqdj8qseevk0md.png

More pictures in the link

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-jeep-gladiator-is-the-glorious-jeep-pickup-you-1830696134

The last time Jeep offered a pickup truck, Lee Iacocca was CEO. Over the 26 years since, enthusiasts clamoring for a Jeep with a bed have been let down by Chrysler Corporation, DaimlerChrysler AG, Chrysler LLC, Chrysler Group LLC, and FCA US LLC. But now the wait is over. The 2019 Jeep Gladiator is here, and it is glorious. Here’s what we know about the long-awaited Jeep truck.

Official images of the Jeep truck have been revealed by Truck Trend, and it appears that the spy shots we saw earlier this month showing a very Jeep Wrangler-looking vehicle were on point. The front half of the Gladiator looks just like the Wrangler.
Want Jalopnik’s email newsletter?

According to Truck Trend’s post, which has since been taken down, the Gladiator’s frame is 31 inches longer than the JL Wrangler Unlimited’s, and the wheelbase is up 19.4 inches. The story also says the larger axles, brakes, and also the 33-inch tires and the suspension are unique to the truck. Truck Trend says the Gladiator will be able to carry 1,650 pounds of payload, with a towing capacity of 7,650 pounds.

The windshield folds flat and the roof comes off, just like on the JL Wrangler. That makes the new Jeep truck the first pickup on the U.S. market with a removable top since the the 1991 Dodge Dakota Sport convertible (and no, the Chevy SSR doesn’t count).

Under the hood is apparently the same 3.6-liter Pentastar “Upgrade” engine found in the JL, making 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. It can be had with either an automatic (Truck Trend, strangely, says it’s a six speed auto and not the eight speed found in all other Pentastar applications) or a six-speed manual. Truck Trend also says the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel should come in 2020 with 260 horsepower and 442 lb-ft, bolted to an eight-speed auto.

As for off-road bits, the story says the new Gladiator, in Rubicon trim, will get lockers, a disconnecting front sway bar, a 4:1 low range transfer case ratio, and 33-inch mud terrain tires, just like the JL Rubicon. The new truck apparently has an approach angle of 43.6 degrees, a breakover angle of 20.3 degrees, and a 26 degree departure angle, along with 11.1 inches of ground clearance. Aside from the breakover angle, those are all at the top of the mid-size truck segment.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Didn't know the normal one was getting the diesel either. I must just not be paying attention. I didn't think they HAD to match (let alone better) the midsize numbers as it's got its own niche appeal and will fly off lots regardless, but that's pretty cool. No plans for E/RCLB if I understand it, is that correct?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Would not surprise me if fully loaded diesel Rubicon nearly touches $70K transaction price for the first few months, with dealer "adjustment" with the initial rush.

No shit. Loaded Rubicon Unlimiteds were a joke price wise. Can only imagine every bro paying 10k over sticker for their new broJeeptruck. #becauseJeep

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Didn't know the normal one was getting the diesel either. I must just not be paying attention. I didn't think they HAD to match (let alone better) the midsize numbers as it's got its own niche appeal and will fly off lots regardless, but that's pretty cool. No plans for E/RCLB if I understand it, is that correct?

they have a few engine options now for wranglers (or soon)

and yeah i agree, it does have it's own appeal... matching though was huge...

i dont think any other bed sizes.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
No shit. Loaded Rubicon Unlimiteds were a joke price wise. Can only imagine every bro paying 10k over sticker for their new broJeeptruck. #becauseJeep

EcoDiesel on the Ram (when it had it) was like a $4200 option. Looks like the Rubicon 4-door, right now maxes out at around $55ish. I'm assuming the pickup will be at a premium over the regular Wrangler, so mid-$60's MSRP is not out of the question...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info