2020 GM HD Duramax Twins to feature 10-speed transmissions

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
10 speed could be a game changer in this segment

with the stroke and cummins still rocking 6 speeds... 10 speed behind a low revving diesel is going to be nuts... always always always in the powerband.

Think itll be awesome in a diesel to have 10 speeds go drive a 2018 A10 mustang that likes to rev.

The hype is real that 10 speeds the business!

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Lol, alux and I are trying to talk specifics and you goons swoop in with the generalities.

As the diesel whisperer said, semis redline under 2k, dmax's don't.

Even my weak turbo 3.5 skips 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th 99% of the time. That's why i'm surprised a truck with double the torque is getting 10 gears

If you ever get a decent tune that uses all the gears you will be amazed with how much better that trans drives. My 3-5 skip shift is trash on the up shift and down, fucking thing slams unless your hard on the gas. I almost want to put my tune back on just for the trans.

I dont understand why this isnt getting the headlines like it did for gas vehicles.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
If you ever get a decent tune that uses all the gears you will be amazed with how much better that trans drives. My 3-5 skip shift is trash on the up shift and down, fucking thing slams unless your hard on the gas. I almost want to put my tune back on just for the trans.

I dont understand why this isnt getting the headlines like it did for gas vehicles.

I've considered it, i just don't think it's worth voiding the warranty yet. Maybe in 1-2 years

I'm curious what this truck will be rated at for towing and fuel economy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info