2020 Ford Super Duty

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Are the super duty halogens as bad as the f150's?
F-150's use H11 lows and 9005 highs. The HD's use H13 for high and low. Considering how many halogen bulbed Ford's I've had, I would highly doubt the HD's have a decent setup. But it's been awhile since I've driven an HD at night, and usually I had a plow on the front then.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Hows that different than anu other decade + old big cube GM anything?

Big cubes big cam goos flowing heads. Ya itll make ton of HP.

Cam and compression not intented for NA power :rofl: its 12.5:1

GTPpower

Reaction score
Are you talking about the ls7? I didn't think that was any competition to this.

GTPpower

Reaction score
Isn't that the only big cubic inch gm has? Or am I missing something?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that is apples to apples. I don't think the ls7 can reach those numbers, especially without torque falling off. But either way, the ls7 is pretty limited production, whereas the 7.3 will have huge production numbers.
This

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
well and the LS7 has exotic materials like titanium connecting rods and intake valves, sodium filled exhaust valves, pre-sleeved steel liners, and forged steel crank.

the only thing the 7.3 shares with that is the forged crank...and isn’t it fairly uncommon to sleeve iron blocks? I mean, unless there is an inherent weakness, but haven’t heard anything yet

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Inb4acoyoteJustNeedsaDickPullerIntakeandBlowjObspecialtoMake800

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Lol the :nutz: is heavy in here.

Id be impressed when those parts are mass produced and readily available of the shelf.

What is impressive is the crate is available way under 10k from Ford.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Lol the :nutz: is heavy in here.

Id be impressed when those parts are mass produced and readily available of the shelf.

What is impressive is the crate is available way under 10k from Ford.
the rods and pistons, I’m assuming are pretty close to already off the shelf units, just gotta match rod length, cap size, and bore...and there’s enough builds out there, that I’m willing to be dollars to donuts they’re off the shelf.

Porting stock heads? Just need a man, with some knowledge and some money. I’m assuming the rockers are a little trickier, but I’m sure could be easily massed produced. The cam is custom grind, and cam companies do custom grinds all the time. As for the intake manifold, grab a fabber, some sheet metal, and a welder, and get him to work.

honestly this build is super impressive because of the lack of parts thrown at it...throw 14 or 15:1 compression at it, regrind the cam a pinch, throw some extra heavy springs at it, and see if you could rev this bitch to 8000+ and see if she’ll make 4 numbers...

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
And even then, you still haven’t touched the bottom end and still haven’t touched bore or stroke. Throw some REAL money at it, figure out ideal rod ratio, custom grind a crank, punch out the bores to within an inch of their life, and see what this thing will REALLY do

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m sure someone will find out shortly...this build is “only” with the 3.0L whipple. Throw a big centri on it and see what it’ll really do

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I mean, the 7.3 is right there with the bigger LS builds...and it’s seeing similar power numbers :dunno: the LS454 crate engine is rated at 627HP at 11.1 compression

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom