2020 Ford Super Duty

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Are the super duty halogens as bad as the f150's?

F-150's use H11 lows and 9005 highs. The HD's use H13 for high and low. Considering how many halogen bulbed Ford's I've had, I would highly doubt the HD's have a decent setup. But it's been awhile since I've driven an HD at night, and usually I had a plow on the front then.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
790hp NA from a cam, ported stock heads, and 12.5:1 compression. This might be the real deal.

Screenshot_20200830-113134.png

FB_IMG_1598805104388.jpg

FB_IMG_1598805113172.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

well and the LS7 has exotic materials like titanium connecting rods and intake valves, sodium filled exhaust valves, pre-sleeved steel liners, and forged steel crank.

the only thing the 7.3 shares with that is the forged crank...and isn’t it fairly uncommon to sleeve iron blocks? I mean, unless there is an inherent weakness, but haven’t heard anything yet

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Lol the :nutz: is heavy in here.

Id be impressed when those parts are mass produced and readily available of the shelf.

What is impressive is the crate is available way under 10k from Ford.

the rods and pistons, I’m assuming are pretty close to already off the shelf units, just gotta match rod length, cap size, and bore...and there’s enough builds out there, that I’m willing to be dollars to donuts they’re off the shelf.

Porting stock heads? Just need a man, with some knowledge and some money. I’m assuming the rockers are a little trickier, but I’m sure could be easily massed produced. The cam is custom grind, and cam companies do custom grinds all the time. As for the intake manifold, grab a fabber, some sheet metal, and a welder, and get him to work.

honestly this build is super impressive because of the lack of parts thrown at it...throw 14 or 15:1 compression at it, regrind the cam a pinch, throw some extra heavy springs at it, and see if you could rev this bitch to 8000+ and see if she’ll make 4 numbers...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info