2020 Ford GT500 Unveiled

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It' not even hp to liter. It is a 526 hp motor. What else do you get a 526 hp n/a motor in? Some exotics costing a whole lot more money.
But it's not an exotic...it's a ford. And it can't compete with the other domestics in the same price bracket (650hp zl1, and 700hp hellcat).

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Drag racing is dumb

The hellcat slaughters it in the quarter mile, the zl1 slaughters it on a track and in a drag race.

tumblr_n9c0czzlHy1to6nc6o1_250.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
But it's not an exotic...it's a ford. And it can't compete with the other domestics in the same price bracket (650hp zl1, and 700hp hellcat).

Why does 500+ hp n/a have to be exotic to be considered not underwhelming?

We get your upset at the price. Leave price out of it. The car was designed for road course use and does well at it. Why are you made it doesn't drag race well and feel the motor is underwhelming? Especially since you yourself said drag racing is dumb! lol

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Why does 500+ hp n/a have to be exotic to be considered not underwhelming?

We get your upset at the price. Leave price out of it. The car was designed for road course use and does well at it. Why are you made it doesn't drag race well and feel the motor is underwhelming? Especially since you yourself said drag racing is dumb! lol
Dude

How can the price not matter

These cars LITERALLY compete almost entirely on price and performance. The shit resale of the gt350 is proof of that. Even the zl1, which is a camaro (not known for strong sales), has held its price at over $50k on the used market (comparing low mile gt350's to low mile zl1's).

Here's my all-encompassing statement, zero ambiguity: For a $65k ford, the gt350's engine AND transmission (yes I went there) are both underwhelming. It is pretty though, and after taking the initial 30% depreciation hit in the first year, it's a good buy.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You are not going to admit the GT350 is a good car and the motor isn't underwhelming. Which is my point. Even though you already said at used prices it is the car.

You are so stuck on the price that you can't see it is a damn good car and the engine isn't underwhelming. You are hating on it because of the price. Period.

People don't shop dodge cars for road racing based on the price. They don't shop them at all for road racing. lol So someone who wants a car to enjoy on the road course isn't interested in the Challenger. Even though it is cheaper. There is a reason all the reviews take the GT350 over the GT PP2 on road courses. There is more to it than track times. Porsche people love the GT3 over the Turbo even though the Turbo make better, more useable power and are cheaper second hand. Not everyone wants the most power they can get on a road course. There is a lot more it than that. You road course your bike, you more than anyone should know it's not just about power.

I also just read that only like 750 ZL1 1LE cars were probably produced. Some said much lower than that number. So it would seem the number of 1LE sold shows the number of people who were buying the ZL1 for road course use was pretty slim. My guess more of them are on the drag strip than the road course. So again, buyers wanting different things than what the GT350 would be good at.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Didnt say anything about a ZL1 nor do I care about a ZL1 but people whining about a "underpowered" GT350 is hilarious........

Looked last night there are alot out there for under 45k now. Thats a hell of a lot of car for under 45k.
The ZL1 is the DIRECT competitor to the gt350 thats why it was brought up. Also Im not even sure why used car prices are being brought up when we're talking new to new...
So - who is buying a new GT500

A lot of opinions here
Ill take one at sticker! Ive bought so many cars from Gomez I lost track and the greedy bastard wont sell his to me at sticker...
Jeff wants one but at invoice lmao
I told you sticker JG! Invoice was me yanking yer chain...

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The ZL1 is the DIRECT competitor to the gt350 thats why it was brought up. Also Im not even sure why used car prices are being brought up when we're talking new to new...

Ill take one at sticker! Ive bought so many cars from Gomez I lost track and the greedy bastard wont sell his to me at sticker...

I told you sticker JG! Invoice was me yanking yer chain...

Let me see what I can do for u sir

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
The car looks amazing IMO, but the drawback for me is that transmission. Price wise this car is outrageous! I thought you never saw Hellcats on the road, this will be even worse. The people that will be able to afford this beast will be few and far between. Car demo is older farts who don’t like to tinker or beat the piss out of their cars. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. It is the same market as brand new Hellcats for the most part. And if they talk like most folks from the Hellcat forum.......DQ drive through and car shows it is.

Now I didn’t buy my Hellcat for resale value although I did think it might help down the road, but given the fact Dodge is flooding the market with these it seems the used car values will probably plunge on these ??? They kind of are already.

Redeye widebody for 69k at a dealer close by. If your willing to let the hype go down good deals will be had.

Reactions: Rent Free
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info