TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
giphy.gif

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Mid to upper 10 sec car from the factory, covered under factory warranty. Further, car handles like a beast (best of both worlds).

Hit the Start button and Go without a single mod.

Right but as Ive said and this is just my opinion, the only saving grace for the GT500 is that DCT trans. The Voodoo engine is something special only found in a GT350 the DCTs are available in a growing list of cars. I loved my 18 A10 and its obviously no DCT but my question is does the GT500 have any soul? is there anything special about driving it? Or is it just great on paper. Biggest brakes ever on a pony car. Only one with a DCT.

I still think its over weight and I still cant believe Ford or anyone else since the last Z28 gone to DSSV Multimatic suspension instead of magride.

Speaking of Z28 Im starting to think that cars the bastard child no one really gave a fair shot because GM put some absurd 75k sticker on it way back in 2014. But yet the Z28 and GT350 are the last NA pure pony cars that were not intended to be some computerized tank that is attempting to be good at everything but excellent at nothing. GT500s too damn heavy to be great at everything.

Its going to be embarassing if the GT500 cant top ZL1 1LE laptimes too.

But I guess Ill just go back to the whole nothing about the GT500 imprrsses me other than the DCT.

Want a 2650 blower ? order it from catalog or performance vendor.
Want gigantic brakes? order those from a catalog or performance vendor.
Want a DCT trans? Call up Tremec although its going to prolly cost you your 1st born and a sibling too.

Want some Voodoo engine greatness? Well my friend you cant just order one of those up unless you find one from some poor GT350 thats lost its soul!

The GT500 can be nearly duplicated off the shelf parts besides the trans. (yet) anyways. The GT350 cant.

All above just my opinion you people can tear it apart all you want. The GT500 is at least 2 years too late and it should be lighter. If Ford delivered this car in 2017 maybe itd be different. And as petty as it may seem them fucking headlights will still make me laugh. 2020 halo car with a god damn 2015 ecoboost front end. Its patheric.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I really like the GT500.

Pretty sure when you factor in all of the mods to get these N/A GT350's into the low 10's and 9's, they are equally as expensive as the new GT500 and are pure racecars without the same creature comforts the factory 10 second car with a full warranty will have.

As a guy that had a FBO 5.0 with everything imaginable, top of the line parts, I could have bought a blower, good tires and an exhaust for the same money and made a shit ton more power.

N/A builds, while they are great, they are usually less reliable than F/I builds, cost just as much and overall, make the driving experience on a daily basis gruesome

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Right but as Ive said and this is just my opinion, the only saving grace for the GT500 is that DCT trans. The Voodoo engine is something special only found in a GT350 the DCTs are available in a growing list of cars. I loved my 18 A10 and its obviously no DCT but my question is does the GT500 have any soul? is there anything special about driving it? Or is it just great on paper. Biggest brakes ever on a pony car. Only one with a DCT.

I still think its over weight and I still cant believe Ford or anyone else since the last Z28 gone to DSSV Multimatic suspension instead of magride.

Speaking of Z28 Im starting to think that cars the bastard child no one really gave a fair shot because GM put some absurd 75k sticker on it way back in 2014. But yet the Z28 and GT350 are the last NA pure pony cars that were not intended to be some computerized tank that is attempting to be good at everything but excellent at nothing. GT500s too damn heavy to be great at everything.

Its going to be embarassing if the GT500 cant top ZL1 1LE laptimes too.

But I guess Ill just go back to the whole nothing about the GT500 imprrsses me other than the DCT.

Want a 2650 blower ? order it from catalog or performance vendor.
Want gigantic brakes? order those from a catalog or performance vendor.
Want a DCT trans? Call up Tremec although its going to prolly cost you your 1st born and a sibling too.

Want some Voodoo engine greatness? Well my friend you cant just order one of those up unless you find one from some poor GT350 thats lost its soul!

The GT500 can be nearly duplicated off the shelf parts besides the trans. (yet) anyways. The GT350 cant.

All above just my opinion you people can tear it apart all you want. The GT500 is at least 2 years too late and it should be lighter. If Ford delivered this car in 2017 maybe itd be different. And as petty as it may seem them fucking headlights will still make me laugh. 2020 halo car with a god damn 2015 ecoboost front end. Its patheric.
I have bad news, the voodoo engine is not that great. It burns oil and doesn't make shit for torque. Yeah it's a decent engine to have in a ~$45k or under car (the current selling price of basically any used gt350), but part of the reason the gt350's didn't hold their value is because of the underwhelming engine. The whole "flat plane" thing is just a marketing gimmick

Reactions: The Beast

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
By your logic, the Civic Type R is a better car because it makes 306 hp car for $36K. HP per dollar is better.

The GT350 is (was?) the best handling and braking Mustang ever. Almost any review on the car is glowing. A car with a 526 hp 5.2L engine. As advertised by Ford. I get some might not like the price, but even on paper, a 5.2L n/a motor making 526 hp is far from underwhelming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rent Free

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
VooDoo is 8,250rpm's of I don't give a fuck how much torque it makes
As a ZL1 or Hellcat are 10 cars ahead saying we know you dont make a fucks worth of torque...lol

This argument is reminding me of 20 years ago when the Honda bois always hung their hats on high rpm and hp per liter trophies.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It was meant to be a 1/4 mile car.......

guess thats too hard to comprehend for some.......
Did you mean "wasn't" ?? Because in a quarter mile that $62k mustang is no faster than a $40k scat pack

The hellcat slaughters it in the quarter mile, the zl1 slaughters it on a track and in a drag race.

In the low 40's they're priced fairly. I still like them, they're gorgeous and fun to drive I'm sure, I just don't understand why hp/liter even matters or is something to brag about. Congrats on being slower with a small n/a engine I guess?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It' not even hp to liter. It is a 526 hp motor. What else do you get a 526 hp n/a motor in? Some exotics costing a whole lot more money.

I get you don't like the sticker price. But where does a 526 hp motor translate into "underwhelming"? Because it doesn't run real quick in the 1/4 mile? This coming from the guy who says not enough of us are out on the road course? I'm confused. haha

If you want a "better" streetcar & drag set up buy a scat pack or a Mustang GT. Throw some mods and a tune on that GT and it will make over 500 hp and be a blast. Or are you going to pick on that car because it doesn't look like a GT350? haha

Also, this is a dumb discussion, in a badass GT500 thread, that was started by someone who everyone likes to argue with. Vet dude. lmao

Reactions: Jeffs FRC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info