2020 Ford GT500 Unveiled

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
3 years from now used GT500 will still be selling for around MSRP . Redeye will be into $40Ks . Both cars will have similar straight line acceleration , GT500 is in another level when it comes to handling. RE is nice but there is barely any exterior changes compering it to standard Challenger . GT500 looks so much different then standard Mustang

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
3 years from now used GT500 will still be selling for around MSRP . Redeye will be into $40Ks . Both cars will have similar straight line acceleration , GT500 is in another level when it comes to handling. RE is nice but there is barely any exterior changes compering it to standard Challenger . GT500 looks so much different then standard Mustang

I cant get over the OLD headlights ROFL. :s00ls:

I dont thing the GT500 is that good looking of a car. Front end looks like it has a bodykit and is trying too hard. I HATE the center bar thats blacked out between the upper akd lower grill.

GT350 looks better. And the ZL1 1LE looks better too. Annnnd the C8 looks better too. Fight me.

And this is America we all know no one turns we just all want single digit street cars. :bowrofl:

Cars been drug out too long :dnc: about this car.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I cant get over the OLD headlights ROFL. :s00ls:

I dont thing the GT500 is that good looking of a car. Front end looks like it has a bodykit and is trying too hard. I HATE the center bar thats blacked out between the upper akd lower grill.

GT350 looks better. And the ZL1 1LE looks better too. Annnnd the C8 looks better too. Fight me.

And this is America we all know no one turns we just all want single digit street cars. :bowrofl:

Cars been drug out too long :dnc: about this car.

I'm usually with ya on most things, but the 500 is fucking sick looking and will be a monster on the street. Can you imagine a pulley and tune, let alone a big ass blower and 1000rwhp. This car is going to be badass.

Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I'm usually with ya on most things, but the 500 is fucking sick looking and will be a monster on the street. Can you imagine a pulley and tune, let alone a big ass blower and 1000rwhp. This car is going to be badass.

I wont deny that. The post was a bit sarcastic. I dont really care for the looks honestly. Too much going on in the front. The 2019 Shelby America Widebody cars look way better and cleaner. Just my 2 cents.

Itll haul ass with exhaust pulley tune and tire forsure.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Really depends what you're doing with the toy. If you actually go to the track (a real track, not a drag strip), auto is the shit. It would take you a looooong time to get good at heel toe'ing like you need to around a road course. Even on the bike, I would never ever go back to one that didn't have an auto blipper and up/down quickshifter. Fiddling around with the clutch, rev matching, etc all uses a lot of mental capacity until it becomes second nature (which it never will for most)

If you're just cruising to work on Fridays and starbucks saturday mornings with an occasional drag strip visit, yes manual is great.

It still boggles my mind how Ford and GM are building these road course monsters even though nobody in this country ever takes them to the track. Motorcycles I understand, all the good ones are built in europe where the track is life. Domestic cars...notsomuch.
It really takes no time at all to develop the heel/toe skills for the track.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Then buy one and beat the shit out of it at the dragstrip. Show em how its done. :dunno:

... and immediately piss away the $25k dealer mark up? No thanks

Foxbody running mid 9s with a Ford sealed NA Coyote motor is impressive

Buying a $100k mustang then installing a bigger blower to achieve 1000 rwhp on a Dyno is meh.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
... and immediately piss away the $25k dealer mark up? No thanks

Foxbody running mid 9s with a Ford sealed NA Coyote motor is impressive

Buying a $100k mustang then installing a bigger blower to achieve 1000 rwhp on a Dyno is meh.

You seem very angry and bitter. What is meh to you may give an owner of said 100k mustang a permaboner. Afterall, it's their hard earned money. If someone buys a 100k car and keeps it under a car cover and takes it to dairy queen on nice days or takes it off road and smashes it into trees is up to the person who paid for it.

Reactions: The Beast

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
You seem very angry and bitter. What is meh to you may give an owner of said 100k mustang a permaboner. Afterall, it's their hard earned money. If someone buys a 100k car and keeps it under a car cover and takes it to dairy queen on nice days or takes it off road and smashes it into trees is up to the person who paid for it.

“angry” and “bitter”? There is no seem or emotion in the post, just as there is no excitement over the car.

Pretty simple and matter of fact.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The car looks amazing IMO, but the drawback for me is that transmission. Price wise this car is outrageous! I thought you never saw Hellcats on the road, this will be even worse. The people that will be able to afford this beast will be few and far between. Car demo is older farts who don’t like to tinker or beat the piss out of their cars. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. It is the same market as brand new Hellcats for the most part. And if they talk like most folks from the Hellcat forum.......DQ drive through and car shows it is.

Now I didn’t buy my Hellcat for resale value although I did think it might help down the road, but given the fact Dodge is flooding the market with these it seems the used car values will probably plunge on these ??? They kind of are already.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Thats the ONLY 9 sec NA S550. I thought Steeda would beat him to 9s.

I posted it because its a cool setup. The owners been chipping away at that car for a long long time. He runs NMRA.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the common "durrrr just boost it bro" mentality.

Personally I just appreciate the work and effort put into that car and being the 1st in the single digits in a S550 NA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info