2020 Ford GT500 Unveiled

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I forsee a GT350 trade-in. ;)

If it was only that easy. The wife gets her 70 Chevelle next before I get anymore toys. That was made abundantly clear. I told her she wont like it once she gets it because it will ride and handle like shit (unless restomod) compared to modern muscle cars and that didnt dissuade her, so........................

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I'm really curious how long it'll take for these to sell at sticker. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it was <12 months for the '13 gt500 correct? They didn't command a markup for long at all

I think these will sell at MSRP in by early 2021

I dont know, if you look at the 350's, dealers had ADM's on them for several years.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
If it was only that easy. The wife gets her 70 Chevelle next before I get anymore toys. That was made abundantly clear. I told her she wont like it once she gets it because it will ride and handle like shit (unless restomod) compared to modern muscle cars and that didnt dissuade her, so........................

Where do you plan on putting a 3rd car? You know, you could probably get a GT500 if you shared.

Reactions: crooks and cdh027

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
They are running cup 2's on all versions now.

Porsche is running these tires which are newer and stickier.

Michelin now has the Cup 2 R

And Goodyear has the SuperSport RS

Reactions: cdh027
Used GT350 & Blower > GT500.

The car doesnt do much for me. Mayne thatll change once its modded and running 9s with cheapish mods. It shouldnt take much.

I still think a Boosted GT350 is the ultimate mustang.

You’re just kind of weird and stupid.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Really depends what you're doing with the toy. If you actually go to the track (a real track, not a drag strip), auto is the shit. It would take you a looooong time to get good at heel toe'ing like you need to around a road course. Even on the bike, I would never ever go back to one that didn't have an auto blipper and up/down quickshifter. Fiddling around with the clutch, rev matching, etc all uses a lot of mental capacity until it becomes second nature (which it never will for most)

If you're just cruising to work on Fridays and starbucks saturday mornings with an occasional drag strip visit, yes manual is great.

It still boggles my mind how Ford and GM are building these road course monsters even though nobody in this country ever takes them to the track. Motorcycles I understand, all the good ones are built in europe where the track is life. Domestic cars...notsomuch.

I've always practiced heel toeing on the road in all my cars. Hasn't quite gotten to second nature, and obviously some cars are easier than others, but it's not an especially hard skill to learn. Complete mastery is another thing, but if you're on the track, having fun, and not necessarily worried about laptimes vs. others, personally, I'd rather have the manual. Because hitting that perfect heel toe downshift is one of the best things when driving. Feels oh so good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info