2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock Debuts As Bit Of Demon, Lot Of Redeye

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I remember being at a cruise night in 2015 and there was a brand new HC challenger and a brand new GT350 next to each other. I had to think about which would I’d rather own. The highly sophisticated flat plane corner carving race car or the the straight line beast. In the end I think there’s more enjoyment to be had from raw power!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Was waiting for you to chime in. Imo those Pirellis are shit, I could never get my Charger HC to hook up on them.
What was your 60' on the Pirellis? I'd agree with your assumption on bottom 10's.

1.651 60'

img1271579106-1540932687484.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The trick with the stock tires is making the weight set over the rear tires before going balls out. At launch, it's just a touch of gas to get out of the hole. Then, I don't go WOT until after the second gear shit. Otherwise, it spins into second. And also having the suspension set to softest, and stability in Sport vs Track. Track mode actually makes straight-line traction control more aggressive, rather than less aggressive, because it's meant for road course driving where there's more relaxed lateral stability. Sport mode traction allows a larger wheel spin threshold - at least I think that was the Challenger/Charger.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Not sure what you’re trying to say but my comment is about the buzzwords dodge uses, there’s a ton of them. Red eye, super stock, srt, r/t, hellcat, scat pack etc.
This is what I'm saying. There's like 3 versions of the redeye now, I still dont know the difference between a redeye and a demon, and I don't care.

Dodge has absolutely milked this platform for everything it's worth and then some, and props to them for making some cool stuff, but it's time to do some actual updating.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info