Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

As for the four-door Charger Hellcat Widebody, Dodge will likely replicate its success of the fattened-up Challenger. That means widened fenders to allow for a square stance, beefier tires and brakes, the same 707-horsepower supercharged V-8—though we could see in the new future a 797-horsepower Redeye version—and a host of new exterior changes that helps not only keep the wheels and tires looking perfect, but also gives the Charger Hellcat Widebody a menacing appearance.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/28709...wer-widebody-charger-hellcat-and-we-cant-wait

Last edited:

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
That’s like see thru lingerie for car dewds...so hawt!

giphy.gif

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Always cracks about the Charger/Challenger's weight. :rolleyes:

These cars are THICK.

Urban Dictionary

Thick -
A woman with a perfect body, filled-in in places that are, by nature, designed to attract the opposite sex, such as the thighs, the hips, the breasts, and the most lovely part of all, the booty.
For heaven's sake, she is so fucking thick.

Thick is best!
Look where being skinny got the Camaro...

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
At least they don't have the exposed attachment screws. haha

But ya, a stamped steel fender & quarter with a nice flowing widebody would be way better.

That would defeat the point of what they are doing. Dodge is known for taking every part of out the parts bin and creating all they can with them. They will wring every last cent out of their supply chain and manufacturing process before they are done.

They keep repackaging these cars with add on parts to make them look like they are new and improved, but they are just masking an aged out chassis and body to sell out the last of their parts stock. Once their supplies has dried up, they will retool and release the next big charger/challenger. You have to admit, their tactics are working.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
That would defeat the point of what they are doing. Dodge is known for taking every part of out the parts bin and creating all they can with them. They will wring every last cent out of their supply chain and manufacturing process before they are done.

They keep repackaging these cars with add on parts to make them look like they are new and improved, but they are just masking an aged out chassis and body to sell out the last of their parts stock. Once their supplies has dried up, they will retool and release the next big charger/challenger. You have to admit, their tactics are working.

Huh? Yes and no. Those refreshed bumpers and other cosmetics cost money. The new engines cost money. 2 different blowers offered now cost money. The list goes on and on.

Old chassis sure but where do you draw the line in refreshing the car to stretch out its lifespan and designing a new chassis because eventually and Id argue the time has already passed that they "could" have put a better chassis under it years ago.

Buuuuuuuut then again as long as its selling why bother? But is 1, 2, 3 more refreshes worth it?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I know Dodge is trying to attract buyers with repackaging what they have with new cosmetic changes. Doing it as cheaply as possible.

I doubt they are the same parts. The body shape is different so I am sure they are new items specific to the Charger. So that means new tooling and production. But again, these stupid flairs are a lot cheaper than tooling new fenders and quarter panels for a proper widebody. Plus the wheels and spring rates change. They are putting in the least amount of money in to maximize the return. They will sell plenty of these. Will they attract new buyers or have existing buyers trading in their old chargers to buy this one? It would be interesting to see those stats.

And you know their advertising is going to be on point.

As far as a new chassis, last time I asked my Dodge buddies, as well as tcg, no one seemed to know if they were really working on a new chassis/platform for the Charger or Challenger. So these redesigns might be all buyers get for years to come yet.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They’ve done an admirable job keeping the ole gal relevant. The Challenger/Charger were forgettable until they went batshit crazy in 2015 with the Hellcat. It continues to only get better. I think the RT Scat Pack Widebody is the best Challenger they’ve made. Not perfect, but we’ll-rounded handling/braking/power with a ton of relative backseat and cargo room. The LX cars were supposed to go Alfa based but for the foreseeable future they’ll remain LX considering the shift to SUV/truck focus within FCA. Might be more public stuff soon though.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Their marketing department and the Hellcat definitely put these cars on everyone's radar. They continue to pump in new technology, aesthetics, and different models that people want. That is pretty amazing considering how far along in the life cycle these cars are. And they don't seem to be looking to be going anywhere any time soon. I have yet to get into a Charger Hellcat as I have a feeling I'll end up owning one. lol

I would love to see what they could do with a new(er) chassis and lighter weight though.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Their marketing department and the Hellcat definitely put these cars on everyone's radar. They continue to pump in new technology, aesthetics, and different models that people want. That is pretty amazing considering how far along in the life cycle these cars are. And they don't seem to be looking to be going anywhere any time soon. I have yet to get into a Charger Hellcat as I have a feeling I'll end up owning one. lol

I would love to see what they could do with a new(er) chassis and lighter weight though.

I know a guy :noes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info