May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
and it looks better!

2020-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-OEM.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I have to say that the LT1 has me raising an eyebrow at that price point with the LT1 motor and 10 speed. We'll see what the LT2 engine has to offer. I'm sure it'll make it's way to the Camaro in 2021 or 22. I still wish you could get an A10 1LE.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
There's only a $1.4k price difference. It's not like it's dramatically cheaper and will steal sales from the Mustang, the decision won't be based on price alone.

I would be curious how both entry level versions are equipped. The Camaro would have to be significantly cheaper to get me to jump ship...if I were in the market...which I'm not.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Wont help it from still getting its ass kicked by both Ford and Dodge in sales.

Camaro has been plagued with bad marketing, or lack thereof, and the stigma of this horrible outward visibility. Im sure quite a few people have passed on the car without even driving one because of this.

The truth is its not bad. It gives you more of a sports car feel than say the big boat of a challenger. Dodge just has really good marketing, and they have played very well towards the customer base that wants a big muscle car.

Also the camaro has this A8 trans shudder problem thats pretty wide spread now. Its basically GM used the wrong TC fluid and it has caused driveability issues with the A8 trans. There are two separate TSBs out, and they are up to replacing the TCs now after several fluid swaps.

I'd still get another camaro and i'd prefer the A8. My 1LE was great except being a manual killed it for me. That ship has sailed.

But sales of these cars are skewed by rental car companies as well.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Camaro has been plagued with bad marketing, or lack thereof, and the stigma of this horrible outward visibility. Im sure quite a few people have passed on the car without even driving one because of this.

The truth is its not bad. It gives you more of a sports car feel than say the big boat of a challenger. Dodge just has really good marketing, and they have played very well towards the customer base that wants a big muscle car.

Also the camaro has this A8 trans shudder problem thats pretty wide spread now. Its basically GM used the wrong TC fluid and it has caused driveability issues with the A8 trans. There are two separate TSBs out, and they are up to replacing the TCs now after several fluid swaps.

I'd still get another camaro and i'd prefer the A8. My 1LE was great except being a manual killed it for me. That ship has sailed.

But sales of these cars are skewed by rental car companies as well.

Camaros are A10 now.

Camaros sales are suffering because 2 things.

1. ALL trim levels cost too fucking much. I would have got a 2016 when i got my yellow mustang but every V8 auto Camaro I could find near me were 45k. My yellow car was nearly 10k less loaded permium package upgraded audio and black accent package for 37k.

2. Look at the 6th gens. The Mustang and Challenger both look better to the masses that dont care so much about what the spec sheet says.

Camaro needs to move onto the 7th gen and gain some sales back or itll die and stop being made at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info