2020-2021 school year?!

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
what does it say after science is real? "water is life" ?
It does...

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I ordered my sign:

1599064950489.png

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Home schooling is going well here. It’s nice because since it’s just them, they can do all the instruction and work in far less time than the standard classroom/remote learning time.

We’re set to go camping for a week on the beach on the Outer banks in N.C., while still doing school and me working remote. I could get use to this nomad lifestyle.

I do often daydream of selling my overpriced DC area house, picking up a bigger camper and tow vehicle, and going wherever and whenever we want....

Reactions: Blood on Blood

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think the whole e-learning thing is bullshit especially for young elementary kids. These kids who can barley function themselves are expected to sit on a ipad (or whatever device) all day and run through exercises with very little teacher interaction. The parents have to choose between teaching their kids or doing their own work. Teachers "live" teach less than 2 hours per day and get a full salary. Id LOVE to see someone tell me how these kids are getting the same level of education by e-learning. If I had a kid in college or was paying for college myself I wouldn't want to be paying for e-learning. So why would us tax payers be OK with this? Teachers are just as essential as some of their students that work at Jewel that have to work in these same conditions. Open back up the schools. bUt tHe kiDs cAnnOt Be iN gRoUps. These same kids have been hanging out in large groups all summer. Whats it matter if they are in a classroom?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
E-learning is not working well. The kids need help with fumbling through Google Classroom throughout the day and the teachers are spending limited time interacting / teaching them.

The whole experience appears to be an intermediate solution to hold the kids over until they physically go back to school.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

An example of the attempted brainwashing; my 8th grade daughter currently is in a History class. In the first 8 days they’ve discussed:

- If they were to replace the current President, what would they do?

- Difference between a Democrat vs Republican and take a quiz to see where they fit in.

- Thoughts on guns

So, now I am reaching out to the teacher to understand his curriculum and how it relates to history.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
An example of the attempted brainwashing; my 8th grade daughter currently is in a History class. In the first 8 days they’ve discussed:

- Difference between a Democrat vs Republican and take a quiz to see where they fit in.

- Thoughts on guns

So, now I am reaching out to the teacher to understand his curriculum and how it relates to history.
Teacher would lose their mind when they saw my kid's answer to the gun question! "I help my dad build guns in the basement, and load magazines with him"

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004

- Thoughts on guns

That's extremely troubling and it's clear that they are indoctrinating our children.
We as the parents must be sure to counter that brainwashing as soon as it's discovered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info