2019 Volt Premier - 1st Fillup

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
fuelly.com is struggling on displaying it. But 63xx miles and put in 6.5 gallons gets you 970mpg.
Not the best built car by far, but it has a great plug-in hybrid drive train if used as an around town car.

vQdhFpe.jpg

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Do you guys track kWh?

Not at the moment. I'm a total numbers guy but I have a hard time tracking this seriously based on how much goes towards the heat/AC.
In spring and fall, kWh is nearly 100% towards driving. In the winter, the heat is roughly 30 - 40% of the consumption of kWh. The A/C is far more efficient and is usually around 10 - 20%.

So as you go through the year, it won't be an apples to apples comparison.

I also use the ComEd app to track charging times and kWh pricing per hour and I schedule it at the right times. With two plug-in hybrids are electric bill only went up about $20 to $25 a month.

Reactions: Aircal

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I had a buddy that switched to real time and then switched back because he was getting raped during the day.

I signed up for Volt Stats that Stink Star Linked, Waiting for it to sync up which is twice a day, will report back afterwards.

I also track my home charging which is nearly all of my charging. Per this meter I have put 6357 kwh through my volt in 25 months. The cost is set at 0.11229 in the app which I haven't checked in a while but would guess is still reasonably accurate. The Volt pulls around 10 per charge so that seems about right as that is 635 fill ups at 10 per.

Screenshot_20200217-113704.png

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I convinced my girlfriend to buy a 2017 Premier and she loves it. She drives 50 miles a day so she dips into gas frequently but still pays less for the car per month than she was paying just in gas for her Ford Escape.

My only beef with the Volt is the GIANT front overhang. Going from the Model 3 that has basically no overhang to the Volt is a challenge because there’s so much car in front of the windshield and the windshield itself goes on forever. I feel like there’s a mile of real estate between the instrument cluster and the front of the windshield and another mile between the front of the windshield and the front of the car.

Also the car handles like hot trash. Pros: It’s much quieter than the Tesla at highway speeds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info