Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Figured this would be relevant for some of you.

2019 BMW S1000RR

P90327363.jpeg

The important stuff:
  • 207bhp @ 13,500 RPM (+8bhp)
  • Redline upped to 14,600 RPM
  • More mid-range torque (details TBC)
  • All-new underslung swingarm with re-worked linkage system
  • 11kg weight reduction from 208 to 197kg. 4kg weight reduction comes from engine and 1.3kg from exhaust mods
  • Variable cam timing (“shift cam” as seen on the R1250 GS) shifts at 9,000 RPM
  • Titanium valves (hollowed out!), and revised inlet ports
  • Lighter rocker arms and shorter, 10% lighter steel con rods
  • Longer wheelbase, steeper rake with less trail
  • More front-biased weight bias with 53.8% of weight over the front wheel
  • TFT colour dashboard with lean angle and lap times
  • LED headlights

Pricing will be revealed on or during the press launch in early 2019. Until then, it’s at the top of our Christmas list.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ducati unveils Panigale V4R for 2019

01_DUCATI-PANIGALE-V4-R-ACTION_UC69239_Mid.jpg

NOVEMBER 4, 2018 AT 7:19 PM / BY SUPERBIKE STAFF
TAGS: DUCATI | EICMA2018 | PANIGALE | V4

At Ducati’s World Premiere 2019 event, covers have finally been pulled off the much anticipated Panigale V4R. We’ve seen pics of the bike in development, and it even made an appearance at the last round of the BSB championship at Brands Hatch when Michele Pirro took it for a lap or two… but the wait’s finally over.

It should need no introduction, but the V4R is the 1000cc version of the Panigale V4 and Panigale V4S (which are both 1100cc). Why does Ducati need to build it? So they can go racing, duh, and it’ll be what we see ripping around in World SBK and BSB next year. But, it’s no prototype special even if it’s stuffed full of trick bits from MotoGP, it’s homologated and therefore we’ll be seeing them in showrooms next year. More or less, this is what you get when you need to turn a road going superbike into an actual superbike. Ducati say this is a much, much more extreme version of the 1100cc V4 “Stradale”…

Engine
  • 221 HP @ 15,250 RPM (16,500 RPM limiter)
  • 81Ă—48.4mm bore and stroke
  • Titanium conrods (-100g each)
  • New crank, 1.1kg lighter
  • Forged pistons
  • New camshaft
  • Bigger inlet valves and ducts
  • Bigger throttle boddies (+4mm) and dedicated trumpets
  • New oil pump & lighter rotor
  • Valve service @ 15,000 miles

What’s really rude though is that if you whip the Euro4 compliant exhaust off, replace it with a full system and remove some road-going bits like mirrors and numberplate hangers, it’ll make 234 HP and weigh just 165KG. That’s 1.42hp per kg. Holy ****.

Chassis and frame
Even at a fleeting glance the V4R looks fairly different to the standard V4 and V4S. The frame and chassis have undergone loads of changes, from making the swingarm pivot adjustable to making the fairings 38mm wider overall as part of the aero package.
  • Full aero package for stability, front-end feeling, anti-wheelie and better wind protection
  • 3 positions for the adjustable swingarm
  • Ohlins TTX36 shock
  • Ohlin NPX 25/30 43mm fork
  • Forged Marchesini wheels
  • Bigger front fairing and windshield
  • Wiglets (+30kg downforce at 170MPH (270KPH)
  • Exposed Alu tank
  • Sharkfin fairings to increase airflow and remove heat more efficiently (+16% air speed through radiators)

The winglets, Claudio Dominicali (Ducati’s CEO) said are almost identical to those used on Ducati’s GP16 MotoGP bike, and provide 30kg of downforce at 170MPH. Insane.

Electronics
Electronics, too, have found some new features, but all the stuff you’d expect is there as well: Bosch cornering ABS, traction control, slide control, wheelie control, launch control, quickshift up/down, engine brake control, data analyser with GPS and multimedia system.

The new electronic toys are:
  • Pit limiter
  • Lap timer
All in all, what an utterly crazy bike. We can’t wait to see it racing next year, and neither can we wait to ride it. We’re off to nurse our trouser tent…
Pricing will be announced during the press launch in early 2019.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Aprilia unveils new RSV4 1100 Factory for 2019

Aprilia-RSV4-1100-Factory-2.jpg

NOVEMBER 3, 2018 AT 11:58 AM / BY SUPERBIKE STAFF
TAGS: APRILIA | EICMA2018 | RSV4
After Superbike had a sit-down with Aprilia’s UK PR manager at The Bike Shed last month, we obviously had to ask whether the Italian factory would be updating its RSV4 Factory for 2019. “No” was the poker-faced answer, but the RSV4 RR would be being updated slightly in the form of a new colour scheme or two. “Oh, ok” we thought… “better than nothing”.

However, a few hours ago a handful of pics and a press release hit Superbike’s inbox. The poker-face was clearly a fib, because for 2019 the RSV4 Factory will have an extra 16 HP thanks to 100 extra cubic centimetres. It’s also getting winglets, a smattering of carbon, brake cooling ducts, a new colour scheme and a bling Akrapovic exhaust. Oh, it’s also gone on a diet (not that it really needed to).
It’s not actually an 1100cc now though, technically it’s 1078cc and that was made possible with new pistons and bore increase from 78 to 81mm (the stroke remains unchanged). This capacity hike forced a new oil pump to power twin-jet oil cooling to the underside of the pistons. Intake valve lift has been revised, and 5th and 6th gear now have larger ratios.

The red line is now slightly lower at 13,600 RPM and peak power (217HP) is reached at 13,200 RPM. Aprilia say that the increase in capacity has increased torque by a minimum of 10% across the entire rev range, and peak torque is now 122NM at 11,000 RPM. Presumably this’ll make for a better ride on the road, and be even more of a missile on the track. Just for comparison, Ducati’s 1100cc Panigale V4 makes a claimed 214 HP at 13,000 RPM and 124 NM of torque at 10,000 RPM.

But this wasn’t just about a few bits of carbon and an engine upgrade. The Ohlins NIX forks gain an extra 5mm of travel and the wheelbase has been shortened by 4mm, and behind those brake cooling ducts are now Brembo Stylema calipers (previously found only on the Panigale V4).

Electronics remain relatively unchanged except for some uber-fancy corner-by-corner mapping setup ability, a smartphone-bluetooth infotainment system and and a brightness boost to the TFT dashboard.
Last but not least, the old lead-acid battery has been chucked out in favour of a lithium-iron battery, meaning fully fuelled and ready to go, the RSV4 Factory now weighs just 199kg.

So, quite the overhaul – everything from bodywork to engine to chassis to electronics. It’s basically a whole new bike. It’ll be interesting to see how its manners change on-road. On-track, it ought to feel every bit as fast as Ducati’s V4. This is a giant middle-finger salute to the folks in Bologna, after all…
We want one. We really, really want one. And we can’t wait to ride it. Pricing TBC…

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
How did I miss this thread?! At first I wasn't a huge fan of the new BMW due to the lack of belly pan and short tail, but now that detailed pics are out i absolutely love it. All it needs is full exhaust and a full belly pan, can't blame BMW for the fact that euro4 emissions requirements have ruined belly pans due to requiring a bajillion lbs worth of ugly exhaust

Honestly, all of those bikes are amazing. The competition is really driving some unbelievable innovation and performance. These modern bikes are basically the same performance-wise as what motogp was running ~5 years ago, but they're more street friendly

I'm really curious what these will cost, especially the v4r and RSV4. I wish street riding was fun enough to justify having two bikes, one for the street and one for the track, lol

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Love the muscle bike wars going on the last few years. High 300 low 400 lb bikes with over 200hp from the factory. High tech motogp electronics. The motorcycle industry has taken leaps and bounds recently.

A lot of killer bikes coming from the European market. I now only have euro bikes in the garage and absolutely love both of them. But no knock towards the Japanese manufactures as they are now competing right up there with them all.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm gonna post my guesses for pricing on these bikes if they were optioned out, just to put this in to perspective. I'm sure i'll be wrong but bet i'm not too far off

S1000rr - $31k with the M package (CF wheels are big $$). Probably mid-high 20's for a decently optioned bike without M package. Base price around $20k
v4r - $40k+
RSV4 - $30k

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm gonna post my guesses for pricing on these bikes if they were optioned out, just to put this in to perspective. I'm sure i'll be wrong but bet i'm not too far off

S1000rr - $31k with the M package (CF wheels are big $$). Probably mid-high 20's for a decently optioned bike without M package. Base price around $20k
v4r - $40k+
RSV4 - $30k

V4r is confirmed at $40k
S1000rr confirmed at $26k loaded, with carbon fiber wheels

Both are a LOT of bike for the money. The V4r isn’t far off of $80k superleggera or hp4 race performance...for half the price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info