2019 Silverado is getting a turbo 4

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ford nutswinger checking in. I like the new Silverado.

Another Ford :nutz: checking in, also don't mind the new Silverado

giphy.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
19FordF-150Limited_01_HR.jpg

To me, the new F-150 looks too slab sided and dated...

:run:

I think there are a lot of very "meh" F150's out there. I like the body lines a lot though, but I dislike most of the color/wheel options. Sport package is needed, even then the wheels aren't great. I'll probably swap mine at some point. But that one you linked looks awesome IMO...as it should for a $60k+ truck

The new sileraydo however...i can't get over the front bumper and ugly lines in the front fender. No color combo is going to fix that

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The front fenders are at least interesting on the Silverado, IMO, vs the traditional flat fenders with arches of the F-150.

Obviously looks are subjective.

If I were in the market a year ago, no way I'd be looking at a GM product. But the fact you can get 4 real doors in an extended cab, is super enticing. (Easier for dog ingress/egress)

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
f150 looks quite dated...

tossing that out there.
I can see this argument. To me they look clean, i like the lines, but this body style has been on the road 4 years now so i agree it's near the point of being dated. I personally view this body style like I do the 09+ Ram's...i don't care how old they get, i love the way they look. Hopefully i'm still saying that about my truck in 3 years lol
Those fenders on the Silverado also have air ducting in them to improve aerodynamics. That's part of why they look like they do.

I believe GM calls them "air curtains" or something along those lines.

Good thing they did that, otherwise the 4cyl might only get 19mpg. Lol.

The fender line is shaped like the top of a whale, and I personally think it's ugly AF. If they use the argument that it's "functional" in order to quiet the naysayers, good tactic i guess.

$100 says it's not any more aerodynamic than the sierra that doesn't have the stupid body lines

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info