2019 Silverado is getting a turbo 4

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah, I'm curious to see what the rest of the numbers come out with (HP, torque, towing, performance) before I really want to start blasting it. I do love the idea of a turbo 4 full size for some reason...

SCSB turbo rocket FTMFW

hp is already out for the 4 banger.

in this thread i think too.

As part of the 2019 redesign, the Silverado adds a new engine to the lineup ā€“ a turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 310 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque. It's paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Don't shy away from this engine just because it's a four-banger; it moves this big truck with surprising verve

that torque number doe.

and i think it's dyno graph looks something like this

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
maybe it's cuz it's supposed to line up with entry level? what's the 3.3 na v6 do?

im really unimpressed with the brand new one we got...

but you can't get the Turbo 4 in the lower level trucks. The WT's and the like still get 4.3's where the base engine in the LT's & similar get the 4cyl.

edit:
4.3 in WT, Custom & Custom Trail Boss

2.7 in LT and RST

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I just saw the ā€˜19 in person for the first time and let me tell you, itā€™s ugly as fuck. The whale shaped line going from the front fender to the door is awful, and the LEDā€™s look like a tiny letter ā€œCā€ In each light. At most itā€™s like 5ā€ of led lighting per side

Someone at work had one. They are hands down the ugliest pile of shit GM has ever released with the Aztec a close second.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info