2019 GMC SIERRA Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Carbon fiber bed...that won't be expensive to fix at all :ugh:

zqn24jrweebf6dbwfdqs.png

it's only the inner wheel well area... if you fuck up a bed so bad that you need those, you hit something FUCKING HARD :rofl:

Pretty sure this is going to be the first 1500 truck to top $70k msrp

ii thought that existed already?

Those repair costs are going to be astronomical. CF not known for its low cost or strength against impact.

cf is pretty friggen strong... and with how widely used it is it's prices have come down a lot to fix.

carbon fiber offshore race boats are super sought after and durable as fuck.

Lol

that happend a while ago

Go price out a limted f150. They sticker higher then raptors

:werd:

before i came back into this thread, i knew exactly who had posted what in my mind also :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm hoping to be proven wrong...I'm just concerned if they've made some special type of CF that is less brittle and impact resistant, it's going to be even more of a pretty penny to replace. Especially if it's just an traffic accident, per se.

i really don't think it will be an issue or that costly.

carbon fiber has gotten so crazy reasonable.

and impact resistance... i mean dude there are carbon fiber helmets that are entirely carbon fiber, and really reasonably priced.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I would think a fully loaded Denali 1500 sierra would run about 70k ?

Looking at the pictures again.... I'm not a fan.
For the 1st time, I think the front end of the Chevy looks better ( note, I don't really "like" the chevy front end, but if I had to choose between the 2 right now, I'd go Bow Tie )

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Those repair costs are going to be astronomical. CF not known for its low cost or strength against impact.

Agree..i'd actually missed that the bed was carbon fiber. I will always think the bottom of a pickup bed should be steel, but that's just me. Mine is aluminum, and it works for me, but i could see it being a problem for some people.

cf is pretty friggen strong... and with how widely used it is it's prices have come down a lot to fix.

carbon fiber offshore race boats are super sought after and durable as fuck.

i think carbon fiber is far more durable than you're giving it credit to honestly.

i really don't think it will be an issue or that costly.

carbon fiber has gotten so crazy reasonable.

and impact resistance... i mean dude there are carbon fiber helmets that are entirely carbon fiber, and really reasonably priced.

My main experience with CF is with wheels for track bikes, and the horror stories are a dime a dozen. They're expensive AF (definitely not "crazy reasonable" IMO), and not known for strength. Guys have had a $2500, 6" wide wheel ruined by a tire changing machine, or pothole, or any other random issue. The fast guys even have their CF wheels routinely xrayed to check for stress cracks.

Also, helmets are safe to make from CF because they're one time use. Not like a pickup bed

attachment.php

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info