2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack vs. 2018 Kia Stinger GT Comparison

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/02/kia-stinger-gt-dodge-charger-rt-scat-pack-comparison/

Well, the Stinger has a bold, brash exterior the Germans can’t match, while boasting loads of space, features and performance at a discount price. You know what that sounds like? The Dodge Charger, which we recently had in the Autoblog garage. It's not exactly an apples-to-apples choice – bigger, no hatch, a pair of extra cylinders – but the two sedans are close on price, especially the 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack that arrived at our office with an MSRP of $46,075. That’s just a few hundred less than our long-term Stinger’s price of $46,620. So I decided to try them back-to-back to see which is the better bargain bruiser.
In the end, both these cars are closely matched, and it's hard to blame someone for picking the Charger on the engine alone. But powertrains are only part of the automotive package, and when you take your foot off the Charger's throttle, you start to see its compromises. Do the same in the Stinger, and you realize that Kia sweated the little details in addition to its punchy engine, and that's why it's the one to recommend.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Will update this thread further in a bit.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I read this earlier today when it popped up on my news feed.

Hemi power all day here.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
the pickle ive developed with the stinger, is any i see on the street... this is my reaction.

v6buicks

Reaction score
Yep. It way too closely resembles an Optima. However, I totally root the Stinger on as an underdog. I'd love to drive one. I'm curious as to how the 4-banger model performs as well.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i root for it too but they've done it an injustice making the optima look so similarly.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
the pickle ive developed with the stinger, is any i see on the street... this is my reaction.

Same way with the SS. not sure if sports car or not.

I love the stinger. Need to drive one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom