Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Today, Chevrolet unveiled a new look for the 2019 Camaro, and the SS looks exactly like Bumblebee from Transformers: The Last Knight. We'll let you be the judge of whether or not that's a good thing, but what is inarguably cool is a new Turbo 1LE model that brings track performance to the entry-level Camaro. The Camaro SS also gets a new optional 10-speed automatic transmission with launch control and line lock standard.

The Turbo 1LE is the most interesting bit of news here, even if its 275-hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder remains unchanged. It gets a suspension package similar to that of the excellent Camaro V6 1LE, Brembo Brakes, summer performance tires, and a new Track mode. The only transmission option is a six-speed manual, and Chevy says the Turbo 1LE has a perfect 50-50 front-to-rear weight distribution. Pricing hasn't been announced yet, but considering the V6 1LE starts at around $33,000, the Turbo 1LE should be a track-day bargain.

lePYkL9.jpg

F3zXB5B.jpg

R7pepOZ.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
What the fuck is with these black out bar sections in the grills?

The next GT500 is supposed to have that too.

I dont know if I like the SS front end with the body color fangs or whatever you want to call them below the headlights like the next Silverado will have too.

Guess its another car that will only look good in black to hide all the weird goofy angles going every which way.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Wait, let me see if I understand this correctly, and bear with me, I owned a 4th gen too, so I'm not bashing it... Anyway, our LS1 4th gens often got made fun of because of the "catfish" front end.

So I find it funny, "catfish" front end 4th gen owners, calling this ugly... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info