Ford 2018 Mustang GT - Consistent 11s bone stock

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I know there was another thread about (Lethal?) running 12s but boom, here we go.

(video here, long ass article)
Drag testing the 2018 Ford Mustang GT - Hot Rod Network

2018 Ford Mustang GT Acceleration - New Mustang Quarter-Mile Time

The Hot Rod gang clocked a time of 11.83 seconds at 119.51 mph. That was the best time of the day, but the guys report that the Mustang GT consistently posted high-11s with ease. The test vehicle was a brand-new, bone-stock Mustang GT equipped with the optional 10-speed automatic transmission and the Performance Package, which brings 460 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque and sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires. That's an improvement of 25 horses and 20 lb-ft over last year's model.

This test was performed on a prepared surface and with optimized tire pressures—26 psi for the rears and 45 psi for the front. None of that is trickery. Theoretically anyone can buy a new Mustang GT, head straight for a drag strip, play around with tire pressures, and match Hot Rod's results.

The Mustang offers launch control, which holds the vehicle at an RPM of the driver's choice. Hot Rod found that a 2000 RPM launch after a quick tire-warming burnout produced the best results.

J-LO

Reaction score
Are these actual times or sea level adjusted? Do they still do that?

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Only wankers talk about times due to sea level, DA, wind speed, if the sun was out, etc.

WANKERS

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
They are actual times, the DA was probably very good but these cars do work, I’ve seen speedo videos of tune only 18’s and the rpm doesn’t drop under 6k once it hits the first shift

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Are these actual times or sea level adjusted? Do they still do that?
Weather conditions were indeed favorable, I recorded 57 degrees, barometric pressure of 30.10, and the humidity was super low for Florida (even in December) at 26 percent. This equated to a Density Altitude of just a few feet above sea level. There was also a slight cross/tailwind, maybe 5-8 mph.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ya see lol
Well it is florida. That track is close to sea level anyways. And it wasn't a negative DA like a lot of them get in Jersey with this time of year.

Still, that is pretty impressive.

And my 2017 GT was way cheaper and still quicker. :jg:

Marko

Reaction score
Dam son. I’m jelly. Maybe I upgrade to a ZL1 ;)

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Lets see dem slips
I don't have one on this phone. But was like 11.6 @ 117ish with the Lund tune. Not to make excuses but I had issues and none of the passes were that great. Automatic issues. I miss my 2011 GT for ease of making passes. hahaha DA wasn't sea level either. :rofl:

The MPH of the 2018 shows it makes more power for sure. The launch control and new tires probably really help that 2018 as well. I am interested to see what they run once guys get drag radials and a tune. I'm sure low to mid 11's will be common. :trump:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
119mph traps, I can dig on that. :fy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom