PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
QUICK LOOK AT THE NEW 2018 ARCTIC CAT WILDCAT XX - UTV Guide

ArcticCat-Wildcat-XX-004-1024x768.jpg

The all-new UTV uses a variant of Yamaha’s inline triple dual overhead cam engine, tuned to produce 130 horsepower from 998cc. This is in naturally aspirated configuration- Arctic Cat has promised both a factory Turbo unit down the line, as well as a bolt-on accessory turbo kit bumping power output to around 215 horsepower. The engine is mated to a TEAM Rapid Response CVT transmission, unlike the Yamaha YXZ1000R’s 5-speed manual or paddle-shift unit. Also included is a factory external alternator system. According to Robby, the stock naturally aspirated version is good for 83 mph on the top end.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
:rofl: holy fuck 83 mph top speed on the 130hp n/a version...

are utv tires speed rated to 140 mph for the turbo version?

Just took a look at some vendors and manufacturers websites, speed rating really isn't a thing in the UTV world. :rofl:

I await all the angry posts by people buying the turbo package blowing wheels at 130-140, wrecking the thing, and blaming AC because they're too dumb to realize tires have a speed limit.

Chances are, people will buy actual vehicle tires for top speed stuff.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just took a look at some vendors and manufacturers websites, speed rating really isn't a thing in the UTV world. :rofl:

I await all the angry posts by people buying the turbo package blowing wheels at 130-140, wrecking the thing, and blaming AC because they're too dumb to realize tires have a speed limit.

i mean, it's just getting silly at this point :rofl:

moving west to be able to fully use one of these is enticing.... along with the 38,482 other reasons. :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Big travel numbers get thrown around a lot these days, but in reality, the quality of the travel matters much more than the actual number. Arctic Cat has outfitted the new XX with massive King coilovers, complete with dual-rate springs and optimized valving.

Fucking A Cotton.

Dem billet hubs.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin

:bowrofl: those people hitting 130-140 with any issues are probably dead and won't complain

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
d05.gif

UTV's can replace both ATV's and sleds. TCG unites under 1 recreation vehicle. Now if Honda could just release the Talon already that would be great. :pedobear:

i just don't think you could put the miles on in a side by side, that you do on a sled.

200+ miles on a sled in a day is totally doable, i don't think you'd be able to do that in a side by side in the snow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info