2018 Arctic Cat - Wildcat

PANDA

Reaction score
QUICK LOOK AT THE NEW 2018 ARCTIC CAT WILDCAT XX - UTV Guide

The all-new UTV uses a variant of Yamaha’s inline triple dual overhead cam engine, tuned to produce 130 horsepower from 998cc. This is in naturally aspirated configuration- Arctic Cat has promised both a factory Turbo unit down the line, as well as a bolt-on accessory turbo kit bumping power output to around 215 horsepower. The engine is mated to a TEAM Rapid Response CVT transmission, unlike the Yamaha YXZ1000R’s 5-speed manual or paddle-shift unit. Also included is a factory external alternator system. According to Robby, the stock naturally aspirated version is good for 83 mph on the top end.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cmon AC. Make something comparable to the X3, not the RZR. The box cages are a thing of the past.

But I am enticed regardless.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
:rofl: holy fuck 83 mph top speed on the 130hp n/a version...

are utv tires speed rated to 140 mph for the turbo version?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bolt-on accessories will be available at launch, including an Arctic Cat turbocharger kit good for well over 200 horsepower, a long travel kit that brings the width to 77 inches, a full factory widebody kit, and more. The bodywork will clear 32 inch tires in stock form.

:eek3:

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
:rofl: holy fuck 83 mph top speed on the 130hp n/a version...

are utv tires speed rated to 140 mph for the turbo version?
Just took a look at some vendors and manufacturers websites, speed rating really isn't a thing in the UTV world. :rofl:

I await all the angry posts by people buying the turbo package blowing wheels at 130-140, wrecking the thing, and blaming AC because they're too dumb to realize tires have a speed limit.

Chances are, people will buy actual vehicle tires for top speed stuff.

PANDA

Reaction score
Wonder if Yamaha will release $39,000 turbo version YFZ for 2018

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just took a look at some vendors and manufacturers websites, speed rating really isn't a thing in the UTV world. :rofl:

I await all the angry posts by people buying the turbo package blowing wheels at 130-140, wrecking the thing, and blaming AC because they're too dumb to realize tires have a speed limit.

i mean, it's just getting silly at this point :rofl:

moving west to be able to fully use one of these is enticing.... along with the 38,482 other reasons. :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Big travel numbers get thrown around a lot these days, but in reality, the quality of the travel matters much more than the actual number. Arctic Cat has outfitted the new XX with massive King coilovers, complete with dual-rate springs and optimized valving.
Fucking A Cotton.

Dem billet hubs.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
what a/t, m/t, offroad tires even have a speed rating past like... 118 mph?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need to know the suggested MSRP of this lovely contraption.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score

:bowrofl: those people hitting 130-140 with any issues are probably dead and won't complain

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
It is getting harder and harder to stay away from the SxS segment and be an ATV enthusiast....

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
I guess ATVs were always permitted during those same months :dunno: haven't been there yet

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
that kinda sucks for sleds.... they're going to DESTROY the trails

but.

maybe that's okay. :rofl:

UTV's can replace both ATV's and sleds. TCG unites under 1 recreation vehicle. Now if Honda could just release the Talon already that would be great. :pedobear:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score

UTV's can replace both ATV's and sleds. TCG unites under 1 recreation vehicle. Now if Honda could just release the Talon already that would be great. :pedobear:
i just don't think you could put the miles on in a side by side, that you do on a sled.

200+ miles on a sled in a day is totally doable, i don't think you'd be able to do that in a side by side in the snow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom