2017 Mustang build and price site is up - now with more GT350 MSRP....

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
What was it before?

48,9k base.
Tech package was $7500.
Comp package was $6500 I think.
But the packages were exclusive. One or the other.

Basically it brought the car to a 55k-56k MSRP. Kinda where it sits now.

Now the add-on packages are $3k on the base MSRP which is about 56k.

So if you want a GT350 with the electronics package (Nav & stuff) its a $59k car now.

GT350R starts at 64k as before, and has a 3k electronics package. So they are 67k loaded.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
48,9k base.
Tech package was $7500.
Comp package was $6500 I think.
But the packages were exclusive. One or the other.

Basically it brought the car to a 55k-56k MSRP. Kinda where it sits now.

Now the add-on packages are $3k on the base MSRP which is about 56k.

Plus we still deal with the ADMs from the stealers. Schaumburg Ford has a gray one they want $20k over for. So $75k

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Pretty sure I remember thinking to myself the GT350 was surprisingly "affordable" when it came out.

Not so much anymore as I think a lot of what makes the GT350 is its a raw car. Who gives a shit about the creature comforts listen to that engine and smile!

But hey at the end of the day at least its not umm...... well.... lets just say 75k like the 5th gen Z28.....

:rofl:

5th Gen Z28 shall forever be remembered as an over priced scam because it wears a Z28 badge.

:io:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The problem was you couldn't listen to the engine Humm for long. It would get the trans hot, on non track pack cars, and would put the car in limp mode.

Magnetic ride control is a huge advantage to that car. I was surprised to see they offered a non magnetic control suspension on the car at all.

If you want a drag car, save money and buy A GT. Put that money you saved on buying a GT into cams, headers and a tune. It will make similar power to the GT350. Or add a blower and go quicker.

The GT350 is a handling car, let it be the best one it can be.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Pretty sure I remember thinking to myself the GT350 was surprisingly "affordable" when it came out.

Not so much anymore as I think a lot of what makes the GT350 is its a raw car. Who gives a shit about the creature comforts listen to that engine and smile!

But hey at the end of the day at least its not umm...... well.... lets just say 75k like the 5th gen Z28.....

:rofl:

5th Gen Z28 shall forever be remembered as an over priced scam because it wears a Z28 badge.

The items that made the car the most suited for the track were the oil coolers, spoiler, strut brace and magnetic suspension, which only came with the optional track pack.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
The items that made the car the most suited for the track were the oil coolers, spoiler, strut brace and magnetic suspension, which only came with the optional track pack.

And? id rather have the cheaper version because that 7500ish would pay for a blower...... whats better than a flat plane crank 5.2 eargasm? easy a supercharged voodoo eargasm!

ohh and id sure love to know how many people track them on a road course.......

ill bet its less than half.

boost makes everything better

sorry man not buying the markup bullshit why take away the option of a stripped down car?

if people want a loaded one they can option it out themselves.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
im not doubting alot are tracked but do you think over 50% of all gt350s sold are on a road course?

doubt it.

its a novelty for people to say they own a gt350 or an escalade or a hellpig no difference here.

stand behind the belief why should it ONLY be option 7500 more than the previous model year.

know how many road courses are within like 500 miles of me? a total of 1.

but ive seen 3 in person.

baffles me some people accept the price hike with a smile.....

anyone can option one for a fully loaded model why should the 7500 mark up me mandatory?

hey anyone wanna buy my 2016 for a 7500 markup? :rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
The problem was you couldn't listen to the engine Humm for long. It would get the trans hot, on non track pack cars, and would put the car in limp mode.

Magnetic ride control is a huge advantage to that car. I was surprised to see they offered a non magnetic control suspension on the car at all.

If you want a drag car, save money and buy A GT. Put that money you saved on buying a GT into cams, headers and a tune. It will make similar power to the GT350. Or add a blower and go quicker.

The GT350 is a handling car, let it be the best one it can be.

save some money on a gt how its a completely different engine..........

:dunno:

just saying.

guess lethal is doing it wrong since they slapped a blower on a gt350?

know how to save money on a gt350? easy buy one that doesnt have the 7500 markup and options.

ohh wait cant do that anymore.......

ohh and as for the mag control wouldnt a hardcore road racer dump the mag ride for a coilover setup so why start out with a more expensive car then ditch the expensive mag ride setup?

or are you saying the mag ride is the end all be all for a road course?

why not start out with a car that has about 100 hp more and use the markup money on a blower or heads and cam or 7500 into the suspension?

comparing it to a gt is silly the bigggest factor between the 2 is the different engine!

lets not forget the gt350 has a better manual trans too than the gt.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Stop crying.

Your not even in the market for one. :rofl:

says who wife proposed not to mod this one and instead of putting 8k plus in the 5.0 put it towards a gt350 next year after wash dc........

but hey you know everything amighty fordeverything guy.....

she likes dat warranty idea and id rather drive a gt350 than a 5.0....

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
mag ride is really nice on a vehicle that can be driven comfortably on the street, and hard on the track. the suspension works well, and unless it's going to be an all out track car only there really isn't a reason to swap mag ride out

right so at the same time why buy a fully loaded car when all you want is the engine and transmission and slap a blower on it with the difference in price?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
we will see what the used prices look like, but if the 13/14 gt500 shows us anything it's that they gt350 is going to be pulling retail prices for the next 3 years. Especially those now very rare 15 base ones.

We have a white 17 gt350 coming in with blue stripes I'm really considering buying. I don't see these gt350s going down in value

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info