2017 dodge challenger 392 shaker package

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Quick question, my coworker bought his 2017 challenger right off the show room floor in 2017. Its black, have the factory hood shaker and says 392 on it. I have been googling it and everything I see comes up scat pack. I dont think his is a scat pack because I see it nowhere on the car. Does anyone know if the hood shaker only comes on a scat pack 392??

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I believe Scat Pack will have the bee emblem on the front fender, SRT 392 will have the 392 Hemi badge.

But changing emblems or adding the accessory shaker hood isn’t far fetched so check the RPO codes (or whatever FCA uses) on the door jamb to be certain. [Edit: I guess FCA doesn’t do that so maybe a VIN decoder will tell you]

SRT also has adjustable fitness suspension so within the mode settings you’ll have an option for suspension firmness that you won’t on the Scat Pack.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
You can get the Hemi 5.7 Shaker or the Scat Pack 392 Shaker.

Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
The R/T Plus Shaker is equipped with the iconic and unique Shaker hood. In a class of it’s own, the Challenger R/T Plus Shaker trim has options only available to this series alone.

Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
Combining the the power and heritage of the Shaker hood, this trim is as refined as it is powerful. In addition to the signature Shaker hood, the Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker is a member of the Hemi and Scat pack families as well.

R/T Plus Shaker
– 5.7L V8 HEMI engine
– Option a multi-displacement system (MDS)
– 6-speed manual TREMEC transmission
– Option of 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic
– 375-horsepower
– Fuel economy of 15 city/23 highway MPG
– MSRP starts at $38,995

392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
– 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI engine
– 485-horsepower
– Fuel economy of 14 city/23 highway MPG
– MSRP starts at $43,795

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
You can get the Hemi 5.7 Shaker or the Scat Pack 392 Shaker.

Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
The R/T Plus Shaker is equipped with the iconic and unique Shaker hood. In a class of it’s own, the Challenger R/T Plus Shaker trim has options only available to this series alone.

Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
Combining the the power and heritage of the Shaker hood, this trim is as refined as it is powerful. In addition to the signature Shaker hood, the Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker is a member of the Hemi and Scat pack families as well.

R/T Plus Shaker
– 5.7L V8 HEMI engine
– 375-horsepower
– Fuel economy of 15 city/23 highway MPG
– MSRP starts at $38,995

392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
– 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI engine
– 485-horsepower
– Fuel economy of 14 city/23 highway MPG
– MSRP starts at $43,795

taking thsi one step further, you could get a R/T trim with the 392!

The 2017 Challenger is offered in 14 different trims: SXT, SXT Plus, GT, T/A, T/A Plus, T/A 392, R/T, R/T Plus, R/T Shaker, R/T Plus Shaker, R/T Scat Pack, SRT 392, SRT Hellcat, and 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker.

The base model Dodge Challenger SXT has a 305-horsepower V6 engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission, Bluetooth, a 5-inch touch screen, a six-speaker audio system, USB and auxiliary ports, dual-zone automatic climate control, and alloy wheels. For the best value in the lineup, look for the Challenger SXT Plus, which adds leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and the upgraded infotainment system.

The Challenger GT trim includes the same powertrain as the SXT trim, but it is the only Challenger that comes with standard all-wheel drive. Other highlights include steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, a Sport mode, leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, an 8.4-inch touch screen, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto.

The R/T trim adds a 375-horsepower V8 engine, and it comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission, with the option to upgrade to an eight-speed automatic transmission. The Challenger R/T Scat Pack adds a 392-cubic-inch Hemi that produces 485 horsepower. A high-performance suspension, upgraded brakes, and rear parking sensors are also included with these models. The Dodge Challenger SRT 392 adds an 18-speaker stereo, an adaptive suspension, rear cross traffic alert, and blind spot monitoring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info