2016 Track Day Schedule Condensed

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
2016 Track Day Schedule for organizations in our area.

will add schedules for others if link is given to go grab it from

2016 Track Day Schedule (MVP, Laps Inc & Blackhawk Farms )

February 26-28, 2016: Circuit of The Americas (COTA) [Austin, TX] MVP

April 9-10, 2016: National Corvette Museum [Bowling Green, KY] - MVP
April 20th 2016 Blackhawk Farms Blackhawk Farms

May 7th 2016 Road America Single Event LAPS INC
May 11th 2016 Blackhawk Farms Blackhawk Farms
May 23rd 2016 ABCC Full Track LAPS INC

June 6, 2016: Autobahn Country Club [Joliet, IL] MVP
June 15th 2016 Blackhawk Farms Blackhawk Farms
June 20th 2016 ABCC Full LAPS INC
June 24-26, 2016: Road Atlanta [Braselton, GA] MVP

July 9 & 10th 2016 NCM Motorsports full track weekend LAPS INC
July 13th 2016 Blackhawk Farms Blackhawk Farms
July 22-24, 2016: Road America [Elkhart Lake, WI] MVP

August 8, 2016: Autobahn Country Club [Joliet, IL] MVP
August 17th 2016 Blackhawk Farms Blackhawk Farms
August 22nd 2016 ABCC Full Track LAPS INC

September 14th 2016 Blackhawk Farms Blackhawk Farms
September 19th 2016 ABCC Full Track LAPS INC

October 8-9, 2016: Road America [Elkhart Lake, WI] MVP
October 10th 2016 ABCC Full Track LAPS INC
October 12th 2016 Blackhawk Farms Blackhawk Farms

November 19-20, 2016: Road Atlanta [Braselton, GA] - MVP

For MVP track days go here: MVP Registration

For Laps INC days go here: Laps Inc Registration

For Blackhawk Farms days go here: Blackhawk Registration

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
gingerman, bmwcca, midwest fbody association (i think still?), cgi motorsports, 3 balls racing, gridlife (pretty big event), nw shelby club, gps track time, badger bimmers all have track days at blackhawk/road america/autobahn/gingerman too.

id like to keep it to actual track day orgs, and not car groups. grid life ill add and ill check out gps track time too.

Thank you for the list of others

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
id like to keep it to actual track day orgs, and not car groups. grid life ill add and ill check out gps track time too.

Thank you for the list of others

you don't need a bmw for bmw or anything. some of my best time improvements have been with them with their instructors and class and such as well (bmw runs them more like a school, especially for novices)

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
you don't need a bmw for bmw or anything. some of my best time improvements have been with them with their instructors and class and such as well (bmw runs them more like a school, especially for novices)

I get that, but id still like to keep the list to actual track day orgs. and maybe add brand/club specific stuff maybe in the body as it comes about.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Is road America really any fun in a car? Reminds me of my back road route. It was fun on the bike because of the demand it put on the rider to brake, and dragging your knee for a 1/4 mile but something tells me it wouldn't be as fun in car. Abcc full or Ra, what would you choose?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Is road America really any fun in a car? Reminds me of my back road route. It was fun on the bike because of the demand it put on the rider to brake, and dragging your knee for a 1/4 mile but something tells me it wouldn't be as fun in car. Abcc full or Ra, what would you choose?

Haven't driven ABCC, but I love Road America. My favorite parts of the track are the slower parts actually. Starting at turn 6 and moving all the way through 14.

I enjoy the whole course though.

Now that I"m not dumping money into the GTA each month like a car payment of its own I'll have more money to do track days. Will probably hit up ABCC, Gingerman, and Blackhawk.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
they always seem to do it so early. or when they did 2 events, so early and late. my first time at road america was with them, it was september and that year it was pretty cold. my coldest day on track for sure.

The april and october events were a bit rough.

But as the event grows RA seems to give us better dates in the rental which translates to better weather.

But even so, we've had completely soggy track days, and the rules are pretty clear. No money back unless its the track who cancels the event. So its run rain or shine. Its a risk you take.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

i would choose ab and really i like running south more than full. i haven't been to any track that wasn't fun :) RA is fun because you feel like you are on a real deal track and there's elevation changes and bridges and stuff, so it definitely feels cooler than the usual stuff. although for driving it's definitely not my favorite, there's long sections of pretty much just going straight and that's not where the fun really is.

2016 MVP Track Time Midwest Schedule

Good Day Fellow Track Junkies and Racers:

Another fun year of exciting track action awaits for 2016. MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is pleased to announce our 2016 track event schedule. I hope you’ll join us for the on-track fun.

As usual, we have exciting track events for 2016, including Circuit of The Americas (COTA), Road America, NCM Motorsports Park and Road Atlanta. For a change of pace, we’ve added a third day at Road Atlanta in June and Road America in July as Challenge Club Racing (www.challengeclubracing.com) joins MVP with two weekend races. Visit our web site for schedule updates as 2016 progresses.

MVP’s goal remains the same since we began in 2006, offering you more actual track time at each event for less money. Our three run group format (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) offers you maximum driving time (generally 2+ hours of scheduled daily track time) instead of standing around the paddock.

Below you will find our 2016 schedule, subject to possible revisions as the year progresses.

February 26-28, 2016: Circuit of The Americas (Austin, TX) – SOLD OUT

April 9-10, 2016: National Corvette Museum (Bowling Green, KY) SOLD OUT

June 6, 2016: Autobahn Country Club (Joliet, IL) - SOLD OUT

June 24 – 26, 2016 : Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA) – 4th Annual “Blue & Grey Track Days” (Yes, three days!)

July 22 - 24, 2016 : Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI) – 2nd Annual ”Escape The Heat” (Yes, Three Days!)

August 8, 2016: Autobahn Country Club II (Joliet, IL) - “Monday at The Bahn”

October 8 – 9, 2016 : Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI) – 7th Annual ”Cheese Heads On Track”

November 19 – 20, 2016: Road Atlanta (Braselton, GA) – 8th Annual “Flyin’ Turkey Trot”

Registration for MVP Track Time events is available on line with Pay Pal (you can use any major credit card through the Pay Pal system) or a mail-in registration for our 2016 track events at your choice of the links below:

On-Line Registration:

Mail-In Registration:

Join us in 2016 for the on-track fun with MVP Track Time. All courteous, considerate, safe drivers are invited and welcome. Please, don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

I hope to see you at the track in 2016. Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer – MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Like Us On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mvptracktime
Phone: (314) 249-3770
E-mail: [email protected]

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
saw this posted, moist pavement ftl

a5c79ba7c9.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info