2016 planning questions

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
I'm curious on this and think it could be helpful for those planning next year. Yes, its early, but the sooner, the better.

How many days would be best? This year was Friday to Sunday. What about Friday to Monday? Maybe a short Thursday night, then longer day on Friday? I think the weekend is crucial, and helps with people using vacation days.

Also, what is your preferred drive time per day? If you think about 6 hours of driving, with fuel and even a quick food stop, that can turn into almost 8 hours in a car.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I could likely pull off a Fri - Mon.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I can do whatever as long as the trip delivers.

I'd say no more than 6 hours in the car a day. I feel like I was at a rock concert all weekend from the noise my car makes and I know mine isn't that loud compared to some of the others. The drive is most of the fun, but I do like to see stuff when I pass through.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
I could likely pull off a Fri - Mon.
Monday could open up farther travel. And even leaving Thursday night and driving 2-3 hours to get a head start could work well also.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
An extra day would be great to explore some of the scenic areas. There were a bunch of pull-offs in the UP that would have been ripe for a photo opportunity next to the lake. They had enough room for us, too.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
If people can pull off Fri-Mon, I even like the idea of Thursday night short few hr drive to first destination...Night cruise.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like the extra day idea, it could keep one day from being too long. I am down to go next year. Deposit in hand and ready to make it rain. Planning a couple solid stops that would break up the drive would be awesome. There are always cool places to stop for a short amount of time.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I'm in full Jew mode right now.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Trans being pulled tonight. Current plan is to have it back on the road by tomorrow night.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
i am definitely down for next year!!! this year just has been fucked for me.. My only suggestion is maybe not do it when its so Fucking HOT out:dunno:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Will find out shortly I assume.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Taking off on Thursday night after work to make a short trip and paying for a hotel that night only to be leaving early Friday wouldn't work out too well. IMO starting fresh Friday morning then being home by Sunday evening is about my limit. This year I already planned for 4 day weekend,having to day off to rest up is awesome

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
If we're doing a two day weekend cruise, I like taking twisty rt20 to Galena, partying, and driving back.

That's about the October cruise^^, wrong thread.

I also prefer fri-sun. Another day for hotels is 100-200 more. Plus more fuel for that extra day, makes it an expensive trip.

Mr Baytchos

Reaction score
If we're doing a two day weekend cruise, I like taking twisty rt20 to Geneva, partying, and driving back.

I also prefer fri-sun. Another day for hotels is 100-200 more. Plus more fuel for that extra day, makes it an expensive trip.
Do you mean Galena?

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Reaction score
If we're doing a two day weekend cruise, I like taking twisty rt20 to Galena, partying, and driving back.

I second this. Rt 20 has some nice twisty roads, although it is all 2 lane. But I bet it will be awesome in the fall. Id be down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom