2016 Ford Focus RS MSRP to be $46k?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
My only hope here, is that since they converted from Foreign currency, that its not the price we'll see. Which is probably the case. Cause $46k who in hell would pay for the RS. 330hp and 324lb/ft along with a diff, and other revisions isn't enough to justify that jump over the ST.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I figure if they wanna have a hope of any sales, they can't exceed the MSRP of a new STi. Otherwise who the hell would buy it.

If anything they should sell it for less and undercut the STi like the ST undercut the WRX.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dear Ford,

Piss off.

P.S. Unless thats not the actual price.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
if it were AWD then maybe I could see the justification in that price but damn I'd rather have an evo with a well established aftermarket.

Primalzer

Reaction score
Road & Track said:
We’ve been hearing rumors that the U.S. will get a Ford Focus RS super-hatch for months. Now we have some exclusive info on what's coming. A Ford source has confirmed to Road & Track that the next-generation Focus RS is likely to come to North America in extremely limited numbers. Unlike its predecessor, it'll be AWD.

The old car (shown above) featured a turbocharged inline 5 pushing 305 hp to the front wheels through what Ford called the RevoKnuckle, to reduce what would otherwise be shoulder-dislocating torque steer. The new car wipes the board clean and starts over. In addition to AWD, the RS will be the only Focus to pack Ford's new 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder, available now in the Lincoln MKC and very soon in the 2015 Mustang.

In the Mustang, this engine makes 310 hp, 320 lb-ft of torque. In the just-released Lincoln MKC crossover, the same engine makes 285 hp. In both applications, a twin-scroll turbo is employed.

Our source says that at this stage, the Focus RS horsepower numbers aren't finalized, and we don't know if it’ll pack the same Honeywell twin-scroll turbo as its stablemates. If we had to place a wager, we’d bet on near-Mustang power levels for the Focus RS, putting it well above the Focus ST in the pecking order.

What we hear squares with other rumors about the Focus RS coming stateside, while fleshing out some more specifics. A number of hurdles still remain, however: marketing studies, government certifications, and corporate willpower—but it ultimately looks like the VW Golf R will get some serious competition next year. We can't wait.
:noes:

Primalzer

Reaction score
That $48K price has to be a crock of shit. I just can't see how Ford could justify that price, considering there are no special pieces to drive price up THAT much. If it was a bespoke engine (a la GT500) then maybe, but they are using an engine that would already be in production. The only item that is a bit singular to the RS would be a manual transmission with AWD. No car Ford makes (to my knowledge) has that combination, unless they were planning on running one of their DCT's with the AWD :dunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom