2015 GT makes 1,400+ rwhp with twins

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
What would be even MORE impressive is someone ACTUALLY doing this in their own garage as so many people in here claim its so easy. Someone BESIDES A VENDOR can order all the shit as off the shelf parts to duplicate this setup. Id like to see someone build the bottom end themselves, install the turbo kit, and transmission, and tune it themselves. 100% done WITHOUT FARMING out the engine, trans, or tuning.

I dont know anybody that has a machine shop in there garage, some people can do that fab work, or build the motor or the trans but very very few can do it all, ive made turbo set ups before, though im not an awesome welder, I would never do a bottom end or trans though I have no interest in that nor the patience

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] for the love of fucking god i never said machining........ Assemble! Assemble thats it. Order the shit and put it together. Yes its obvious people dont have machine shops in their garage......

I never have the time to do shit considering ive been gone for the last 3 years.

[MENTION=5553]Ear Rak[/MENTION] have you done any? My family has done plenty and have a few older muscle cars in the family. ive done a transmission and im sure i could do a short block with a little supervision to make sure i didnt fuck one up and if i did oh well.

wreck rebuild repeat.

Seems like alot of people would be just satistifed to assemble shit like a lego after flipping through a catalog or clicking online to order the parts.

Id rather do the engine, trans, welding, painting, and tuning myself.

yes i can paint
yes i can weld
yes i can build a trans
yes ive done body work
yes i have a tuner but never used the bitch for much

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Bingo sad not everyone has the balls to do it.

Ive used the ATSG manual for my 4t6fail junk.

its put this here torque this that much follow the damn steps its not rocket math. hardest part is making sure everything is hospital level clean and getting a hold of a few specialty tools.

kind of like painting, i joke that is 75% cleanliness and prep work and 25% skill.

wow almost like a decent convo here. weird when people arent sarcastic dickholes thanks Ear Rak.

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
We fab and assemble everything on our 1500+ hp car in a 2 car garage. We also race with John and Hellion team, and see them pull of all kinds of repair work together in the pits.

But why wouldnt you have a professional assemble a motor and transmission if money and time allows? I just dont understand your argument about farming out assembly work. When you purchased your last TV did you contact Samsung and ask them not to assemble the LCD panel and control boards cause you wanted to solder them yourself?

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Seems like alot of people would be just satistifed to assemble shit like a lego after flipping through a catalog or clicking online to order the parts.

I would. We are talking about a kit designed by Urist. Urist, the multi time champion Urist that knows a thing or two about going fast. If Urist says do this to go 8ssss....I will buy his kit. Errrrr.....when I have money that is.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
y6m3u.jpg
[/url]via Imgflip Meme Maker[/IMG]

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
We fab and assemble everything on our 1500+ hp car in a 2 car garage. We also race with John and Hellion team, and see them pull of all kinds of repair work together in the pits.

But why wouldnt you have a professional assemble a motor and transmission if money and time allows? I just dont understand your argument about farming out assembly work. When you purchased your last TV did you contact Samsung and ask them not to assemble the LCD panel and control boards cause you wanted to solder them yourself?

Who are you??? Just curious. Probably have seen u around. I mainly know Dwayne and frank. I helped with the copper car Dwayne daughter raced coyote modified with

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
Who are you??? Just curious. Probably have seen u around. I mainly know Dwayne and frank. I helped with the copper car Dwayne daughter raced coyote modified with

PJ, crew chief for Shane. We are the hillbillies that pit with Missy's brother and sister. Picked up Barts gray renegade notch in the middle of last year. Had the red Cobra (Joeys) in the SVT shootout before that.

Who are you?? lol. Noodles?

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
PJ, crew chief for Shane. We are the hillbillies that pit with Missy's brother and sister. Picked up Barts gray renegade notch in the middle of last year. Had the red Cobra (Joeys) in the SVT shootout before that.

Who are you?? lol. Noodles?

Oh I gotcha.

Steve. I weld shit for noodles all the time. Ive been helping him at the shop for 7yrs now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info